Boys and their toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys and their toys.

I started out at another old school yesterday and it was the quietest school yard I have ever been on. In 2hrs I only pulled 6 pennies in total from there.
    My theory for this 102 year old school is that it has to be that the students were the absolute poorest students anywhere. That or we have some very diligent detectorists in the area. :smile: But as always some things do get missed.

This one still has all 4 metal wheels.

After which I headed over to an old high school that my daughter attended and knowing her there had to be something lost over there. :yes: But when I pulled the CTX out it was kaputs. I kept getting the message that a CPU cable was attached and no matter what I did it refused to clear.

Sadly I packed up and headed home for some diagnostics. Did a complete reset and then plugged it in to the computer and applied all of my programs and voila my baby was working again. :thinking: does it work in the field though I ask, so out to the Gorge for a quick spin and I was able to make an unusual find due to a very mixed up signal

The signal was a mixed trashy tin and sweet high tone. The trashy tin is the base and the sweet high tone was the press fit lead top.
    Can you imagine drinking alcohol now from something with a lead top. :crazy:

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Nice finds.....I got a cheap metal detector....didn't find much so lost interest in it.  Should keep trying or buy a better one. But really can't afford it. Guess thats why I surface hunt  for me all I pay for that is time.
    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

You still had a good time didn't you, 2ndoldman,
      Nice bottle, I'm for unleaded.
      Does the school still stand? If so,
      50 to 100 steps or so straight out the front door,
      or toward the southwest, (for the most sun in winter),
      and upwind from the privy, the trail from privy to school door is what I'm trying to get across,
      Though most old schools do face often in certain and the same general directions.
      Just a little experience hunting and searching abandoned towns and communities.

Comment

My new one :whistle:  :laugh:

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Jeffery Howle wrote:

Nice finds.....I got a cheap metal detector....didn't find much so lost interest in it.  Should keep trying or buy a better one. But really can't afford it. Guess thats why I surface hunt  for me all I pay for that is time.
          Jeffery I don't know if you ever visit any of the metal detecting forums but I am always seeing fantastic finds being made by people with entry level machines.
          Most of the time it's just a matter of getting the coil over the right target and then getting past the thought of OH no not another piece of junk, Dig all repeatable signals is my motto.
          Bruce

Comment

greg blood wrote:

You still had a good time didn't you, 2ndoldman,
            Nice bottle, I'm for unleaded.
            Does the school still stand? If so,
            50 to 100 steps or so straight out the front door,
            or toward the southwest, (for the most sun in winter),
            and upwind from the privy, the trail from privy to school door is what I'm trying to get across,
            Though most old schools do face often in certain and the same general directions.
            Just a little experience hunting and searching abandoned towns and communities.
              Greg thanks for the suggestions. Yes the school is still standing. I will try to get a pic or 2 so you can see.
            This school may or may not have ever had an out house but it is something to consider.
            Bruce

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

My new one :whistle:  :laugh:
                Nice one Josh. I like the way you made it look like it was going somewhere fast. :woohoo:
              Bruce

Comment

First time i tried taking a pic of a toy car in a little while :blush:  it does look fast sitting still though! :laugh:
                Thanks
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Greg as promised here is a pic of the school. Boys entry on the left and girls on the right.

And here is a plaque in front of it that explains the history .

Bruce

Comment

Your making me want to pull out my metal detector from the addict.  I bought on years ago, but never really got into it, seeing your finds makes me think twice!

Comment

Claycald wrote:

Your making me want to pull out my metal detector from the addict.  I bought on years ago, but never really got into it, seeing your finds makes me think twice!
                      Clay I know of 2 who detect and point hunt at the same time. One is chase the other is a fellow I will be connecting up with in 3 weeks for a combined point and metal detecting hunt.
                      I call mine the magic walking stick. You just go for a walk and look around at the scenery while swinging the coil back and forth. So easy to combine looking for points at the same time. Points you use you eyes and d3tecting you use your ears.  :woohoo:
                      Bruce

Comment

Working...
                      X