Hand grenades or horse shoes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand grenades or horse shoes.

I had about 4 1/2hrs in between downpours today so I took full advantage and dug everything I could. If it beeped, squawked or grunted it was coming out.
    It didn't make a difference if you were throwing hand grenades or horse shoes trash was everywhere.
    Take your pick of trash styles if you like
    I found iron. One broken horse shoe and one that had a rubber base.

I found the usual frustrating cast offs.

And the what is this doing here stuff. And oh ya I don't think they were diabetic.

And I will take the $1.35 for this

And as always the brass with a twist this time.
    A Take a close look at the bottom. It's a dropped .577 Snider-Enfield second from the left Zulu War circa 1879

Also found today was an intact ladies compact.

A wooden handled pocket knife.

Do you remember me mentioning the broken horse shoe?
    All three pieces came from the same hole.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Before I explain I forgot that I also made gas money today.

Did many of you notice the ring in the center of the horse shoe?

This last piece was an over site of my from the last post I totally forgot to put up the pics. :dunno:
    A nice silver medallion

Bruce

Comment

You were on a roll and you're definitely cleaning up the environment, one beep at a time!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Might I ask what kind of site you were searching?  Interesting mix of finds.  Keep on diggin.

Comment

Very nice finds is that some kind of olive oil bottle? You are a good man for carrying all that extra junk out.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Very nice finds is that some kind of olive oil bottle? You are a good man for carrying all that extra junk out.
            Hoss its a motto to clean up what you find, fill your holes in and leave only foot prints. I would say artifact hunters should live the same way, which most do. We only get  hurt when others before us don't.
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Sorry Bruce, sometimes I get a one tracked minded. WOW you are a super at detecting. I am always amazed at what your finding. I will get up your way, and have a good hunt with you and Michael.
              Thanks for sharing!
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Lithophylic wrote:

Might I ask what kind of site you were searching?  Interesting mix of finds.  Keep on diggin.
                I was working a bushy area that nowadays is used by many transients but it has a history of military used going back to about 1870.
                Bruce

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Hoss if you are asking about the tall skinny one it is a liqueur bottle.
                  And Chase is correct about the trash. It is part of the detecting code of ethics to remove any and all trash that you dig up.
                  You must excuse me for posting so many pictures of trash though because I do it for 2 reasons.
                  First and most important is to show members that it is not always a cakewalk to find the goodies and you have to dig a ton of stuff to male the finds that I do.
                  Second I am trying to make a case for myself ( and anyone else actually). The city here and many others are getting downright nasty with detectorists who dig big holes and leave a mess behind. By posting these pics I am trying to show that not all of us are out there making a mess and some of us actually leave the place cleaner than it was before we started. As with lithic hunting we are all painted with a big broad brush that has been tainted by the unscrupulous idiots that don't follow any guidelines.
                  Bruce

Comment

chase wrote:

Sorry Bruce, sometimes I get a one tracked minded. WOW you are a super at detecting. I am always amazed at what your finding. I will get up your way, and have a good hunt with you and Michael.
                    Thanks for sharing!
                    Thank you Chase for running interference with Hoss's question. 

If you are able to make it up to Micheal's that would be a dream hunt for sure. 

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                    X