Catch up post number 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch up post number 4

The first site was an absolute bust today. The ground is still totally saturated and the holes fill with water before the plug is even out of the ground.
    April 8th I headed over to a beach as the tide was leaving and this was a good choice for the day.
    For those of you who have never hunted a beach before the oddest things can be found there.

And have any of you seen a brass tin lid like this before????

The first keeper is a little silver charm.
    This one needed a little TLC.

So reverse electrolysis for 1/2hr then into the tumbler with some vinegar for an hour and voila.

The second keeper for the day I almost passed by as I thought I did not want to pull another pull tab but am I ever glad that I changed my mind.

Pretty amethyst stone in this one.

The last keeper came from the last site of the day.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Bruce

Comment

The brass lid looks like it might be from a snuff box Bruce (depending on the size).
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

painshill wrote:

The brass lid looks like it might be from a snuff box Bruce (depending on the size).
        Roger it is 80mm X 51mm or 3+3/16" X2" If it is a snuff box lid that moves it from intriguing to cool   

Bruce

Comment

[QUOTE]2ndoldman wrote:

Originally posted by painshill post=158843
          Roger it is 80mm X 51mm or 3+3/16" X2" If it is a snuff box lid that moves it from intriguing to cool   

I had in mind something with this kind of construction... with a truncated oval shape because of the hinge at one end. This box dates from 1919 and measures 82mm x 53mm (they don't get very much larger than this).

[Picture from Blackwood Antiques]
          They're commonly one-off items, hand made by soldiers and miners from scrap brass.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Amazing Bruce.....simply amazing!
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
            X