Sun, wind, rain, repeat as necessary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun, wind, rain, repeat as necessary.

As the title says the weather here changes almost every time you blink in the spring. And yesterday was no exception.
    While ducking into the bush to get away from the first downpour I found my first keeper of the day.

And if my old eyes are still functioning this little unit is for grinding up my glaucoma medication right? :dunno:

This was my fifth key for the day and it boggles the mind how someone could drop something this big and not know about it.

Not a whole lot of trash yesterday but I did manage some recyclables. I was disappointed that there was nothing on the end of the copper chain bracelet.

And a little bit of clad. Every bit helps when you are retired, or even just tired. :rolf:

My last keeper for the day was.

So nothing special for the day but just nice to be outside enjoying the day. :woohoo:
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

The small container with the holes and spikes is a snuff grinder Bruce... for converting tobacco into snuff. At least that's what it would have been sold as, but there are of course other things you could use it for.    :laugh:
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Around here Roger they are used to grind up our famous BC BUD. :evil:
      This one is also far to modern to have been used for snuff.
      But if I ever pull an old one it is definitely good to know in advance what the historical uses were for this .

Bruce

Comment

They still sell them as that today Bruce:
        Buy tobacco snuff and chewing tobacco online from the UK. We stock variety of nasal snuffs, makla, chew bags and pipe tobacco as well as non-tobacco alternatives including nicotine pouches and pods, herbal nasal snuff, non-tobacco snuff and an wide range of nasal snuff and accessories. Cheap prices and fast dispatch

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

hmm,a snuff grinder ? i learn something new everyday! :laugh:    :whistle:
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

painshill wrote:

They still sell them as that today Bruce:
            Buy tobacco snuff and chewing tobacco online from the UK. We stock variety of nasal snuffs, makla, chew bags and pipe tobacco as well as non-tobacco alternatives including nicotine pouches and pods, herbal nasal snuff, non-tobacco snuff and an wide range of nasal snuff and accessories. Cheap prices and fast dispatch
            Too funny Roger, :rolf: I doubt that very many are actually used for snuff.
            Bruce

Comment

Gees, it looks like your little unit has a little bit of  medication left in it....
              Great little processor, I bet they missed it :silly:  :S
              YOU GO RIGHT, I GO LEFT- AND I REAP THE BENEFITS!!

Comment

:laugh: , Nice find's!
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                X