What is your day like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your day like?

Mine starts with the cat pestering me to be feed. Usually before 6am.
    Feed the cat, start the wake up mud brewing, take care of the necessary body functions, check the forums and make any replies that are required,
    drink some mud and think about where I want to go that day. Sound familiar to anyone?
    Once I finally get going I am constantly interrupted by the curious but I do enjoy that and I have quite a few who repeatedly stop to see what that days treasures are.
    Yesterday was no exception and the last one of the day turned out to be an old hunting partner of Micheal's and we spent a half hour talking before I had to go.
    I think that I should also start carrying one of those ball throwing sticks because there are usually no less than 6 dogs that drop their ball at my feet and want to play fetch on any given day.
    I try to take pictures as the better finds come out of the ground.

This one I initially thought was another complete calling card plate.

Then I head home to start dinner and cleanup. This is my pouch at the end of a typical day.

Dump it out and sort the finds.

Start the silver tumbling and anything that needs crusty deposits removed gets the reverse electrolysis treatment.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Quickly rinse the rest of the stuff.

And into the pot it goes.

Soup anyone.

Get the next batch ready to go and anything that needs a little more time also like the silver ring as I was not happy with it the first time.

Then set it all up for pics.

The first calling card plate I found had the complete name and address but this one only has the persons name. Sorry for the poor picture here but it has to be held up to a mirror to be read and the lighting is not the best.

Bruce

Comment

I think that this one may have been a Whizzer toy but the holes are rather small. http://www.historicalfolktoys.com/catcont/2001.html

Then it's a matter of editing and resizing the pics, thinking of yet another post title and trying to weave it all into a story that you all want to see and read. :crazy: So what is your day like.  :dunno:
      Bruce

Comment

My day starts the night before, thinking on a site I want to hunt and how far I want to drive. I have been known to wake up at two o'clock AM drink a cup of mud and take a shower to wake up. Most every thing is packed in the Jeep ready to go. Drive three hours in the middle of nowhere. Hunt all day and never see another person.
        Other hunts are with friends and we may meet up while walking out there, but most of the time you just come across foot prints. Meet up for lunch and discuss if we need to leave for a new area or hunt the one we are at.
        One hunt I thought I was in the wild and three Beagle dogs joined me and they stayed with me for a couple of miles, they were in front and back of me and made hunting tough.
        Today there is three inches of snow on the ground, So I am just looking out the window. inch:
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I am thankful that around here in Victoria snow days are just that, days, and are few and far between
          Thanks for outlining what a typical day is like for you Chase. Your days are a world apart from mine.
          Can you explain how the "beagles" made it hard to hunt?
          Bruce

Comment

2ndoldman wrote:

I am thankful that around here in Victoria snow days are just that, days, and are few and far between
            Thanks for outlining what a typical day is like for you Chase. Your days are a world apart from mine.
            Can you explain how the "beagles" made it hard to hunt?
            Don't get me wrong, They looked like they were all of the same litter. They were cute and smart, and wanted to stay with me. Not a bark, yep or howl. I had them all right in front of me and could not see the ground in front of me. For them it was going for a walk. with looking back to make sure I was following,or they were going in the right direction. Sometimes they would put their paws on my leg to be petted. 
            My days very from hunting spots. Mountains is summer, Midwest, fall after harvest with luck winter and early spring, Southwest, winter too hot for summer.  But for me I sometimes just ignore and go out anyway. :crazy:
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
            X