Cash back after taxes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash back after taxes.

Yesterday I had to sit myself down and do some of the taxes for the family. I do it for 6 people every year. :crazy:
    After struggling through 3 of them I had had enough and headed out.
    I had the 17" coil on and the headphones hooked up to the wireless module.
    I normally hunt with ear buds but I wanted to see if this made any difference in the tiny squeaky signals.
    Not much but they did keep my ears warm though. :rolf:
    Any who I get past the trashy area and start to hear soft deep pull tab signals.
    Now the area I was working has very few deep signals so I am intrigued by this and dig one.
    It turns out to not be very deep after all but only 3 1/2" but it is a very thin old Chinese cash coin.
    Start casting about and I end up with a total of 7 of them from an area with about a 10' radius.

The history of the Chinese here is a long one but they were not thought of in the best of ways.
    So considering where I found them I believe that some one ruffed up the old guy and he spilled the coins .

Feeling good about the day now I kept going and this sterling ring was the next to jump into the pouch.

I'm not sure what the stone is but it is rough and not polished.

I know that I just said that almost none of the targets here are deep but as always there are exceptions.
    This little silver ring was down 7" and it rang in nice and sweet. From the looks of it it has been in the ground for a long time.

I texted this picture to a friend and his reaction was "trade silver"

There are no markings in it what so ever and the band is broken.
    Victoria did get it's start as a Hudson's Bay Post so it is possible :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Nice finds! But Taxing. :rolf: I am sure you were all coiled up. from the looks of it.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Neat to find those.
      South Dakota

Comment

I just adore seeing the items you manage to find! I bought hubby a metal detector 3 years ago when he retired, but he claims it kills his neck -and- shoulder when using it. I'm so disappointed-- I was hoping he would find me a diamond ring!  :kiss:
        Child of the tides

Comment

Havenhunter wrote:

I just adore seeing the items you manage to find! I bought hubby a metal detector 3 years ago when he retired, but he claims it kills his neck -and- shoulder when using it. I'm so disappointed-- I was hoping he would find me a diamond ring!  :kiss:
            Well Deb you do have the option of using it yourself. :woohoo:
          If you start finding some cool things he may get off his duff and find that diamond ring for you. :evil:

Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
          X