He did not listen to good advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did not listen to good advice.

Earlier this week Jon (another detectorist up here) asked if I would ride shotgun with him on a trip up to Sidney.
    Who says no to someone paying the gas?

When he arrived I was messaging with Matt who wanted info on making a reverse electrolysis unit and texting with Chris who was having problems with his coil but we did manage to finally get out the door,
    after he drooled all over my stuff.

The first 2 places we hit were a total bust if you don't count the 3 pennies 1 dime and a beer can that I had to show for the mornings hunt.

Now during the last of the 2 spots we hit ccwoof texted me with advice for Jon. And I did relay that advice to him.
    "Walk 4' in front of Bruce if you want to find anything" was the advice. :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
    I suggested that we head back into town and try a place close to my home and we did.
    While there I noticed that the tide was on the way out and asked Jon if he would like to hit the mudflats in my favorite mud hole.
    Well he didn't last long in the muck and headed back up to grass land but I endured and found this among a few other things.

Time now for a little history lesson on Vancouver Island. Much is written about the English occupation here.
    http://www.canadahistoryproject.ca/1871 ... ry-bc.html
    But very little is written about the Spanish occupation including the fact that it was Originally called Quadra Island

Back to my find. :smile: Thank Micheal for helping to identify this coin. 1811 Spanish silver 4 real.

27mm in diameter.

The salt water has done it's worst but it is still recognizable.

And the way it should look.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Nice find that Spanish silver had a way of getting lost all over the world. Thanks for sharing Bruce.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
    X