X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pain of it all.

What does my pile look like when I get home. :crazy:
    Not very impressive if you ask me.

But once it is cleaned up and sorted it gets better looking.

How many times do I have to say that I like brass. Even the small delicate pieces survive in salt water.
    Like this garter clip.

Or this S & W 38 the brass is good to go but the lead is a little less than perfect.

This tea bag strainer would have been a sweet find if the handle had been intact.

I was surprised to find the 2 pieces of the snap. They actually game out several feet apart.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Now the reason for the title.
    Salt water is hard on copper and silver.

Sometimes the silver survives.

And unfortunately sometimes it does not. 

I am trying to look on the bright side so I will ask, does this count as three silvers found yesterday. 

Bruce

Comment

Sometime back in the seventies, my dad had to sell some silver coins to make ends meet. I remember he was told that the silver was worth more than what the value of the coin. With that said you found three silvers.
      Looks like a great day! Thanks Bruce for sharing!
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Chase I can understand having to make ends meet for sure. And I don't know what the silver value on coins was back in the seventies.
        But I do hope your dad did a little research on his coins before selling them. This is just one example (and I have a friend who has found one of these)
        CoinTrackers.com estimates the value of a 1901 S Barber Quarter in average condition to be worth $4223.00, while one in mint state could be valued around $36,212. (see details)...

Bruce

Comment

2ndoldman wrote:  This tea bag strainer would have been a sweet find if the handle had been intact.

I would have said that's the bowl from a sugar sifter spoon.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

painshill wrote:  I would have said that's the bowl from a sugar sifter spoon.
            Once again Roger you have your thinking cap on while mine is in the wash. :crazy:
            This is a little history of where I found the spoon. I was in the water just off shore from where the tea gardens were.http://www.tweedridevictoria.ca/japa...-at-the-gorge/
            Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X