Still keeping BC beautiful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still keeping BC beautiful.

For several days I kept stumbling over an object in the Gorge that had no business being there but I was to lazy to remove it.
    Well I finally pulled it out and it was a home made crap trap that had been abandoned. I removed the lid and put the 6 shrimp and 3 hermit crabs that were inside back into the Gorge.
    I could see the diamond in the rough so to speak and took it home.

Some time spent power washing and straightening the mesh out as well as adding 3" ABS pipe for a floating system and voila.
    My new floating sifter.

The bag certainly gets a workout carrying the broken glass and bottles that I find.

Another disappointing broken old bottle.

Having this sifter makes it much easier to sift through to find those broken pieces of glass but occasionally something interesting also pops up.
    My first Boy Scout button (plastic) the dog is glass, a weird fish thing and an old toothbrush.

Ivory I believe.

And the bits and pieces of metal stay in the pouch.

The large bright copper is a 1967 English penny but do you see the black object at the bottom to the left of the English penny?
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

How thin can a LC get and still be an LC? You tell me. The lower one is a 1919 LC.

Here's Wednesdays finds as a group cleaned up.

Nothing overly special about the finds but there are several interesting bits.
    This heart shaped pin probably held someone's picture at one time.

This suspender clasp is interesting. For the optically challenged it says "Forget Me Not".

And unless I find the other half of this one it will remain a mystery as to what it's function was.

Bruce

Comment

That pile of glass does look like it would be awfully painful to step on.  hmy:  :laugh:
      Nice finds!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thank you Josh. I have no other option in my opinion than taking every piece I find out.
        If someone were to injure themselves on something I left behind because I was to lazy, that would be unforgivable.
        Bruce

Comment

Really cool to find all that old stuff.  You just never know when something extra special will appear.
          South Dakota

Comment

The last item is the detachable cap from a flint wheelstrike cigarette lighter Bruce. Like this one:
            [We still cant insert eBay links into posts, so add the prefix http://www.ebay.com/ to the text below and paste it into your browser bar]:
            itm/Vintage-Brass-Trench-Lighter-Germany-US-Patent-April-2-1912-WW1-RARE-ORANGE-/161620387722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a153678a
            The flint striker lighter was first invented in Austria in 1903 and was introduced into the USA in 1906. The manufacturer Max E Bernhardt (MEB) of Austria set up an import agency in New York around 1910 and began importing them from both Austria and Germany. That particular design comes in plain and brightly coloured enamelled metal.
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Roger if you keep identifying bits and pieces of things that make me have to go back and try to find the other half I am going to get waterlogged. :rolf:
              Actually if you ever want to help search for the missing pieces let me know  :woohoo:
              Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X