Not the one I wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the one I wanted.

Back in the water yesterday and yes I found stuff.
    The best find was actually when I got home and saw my new CTX sitting on my doorstep waiting for me. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Yesterdays glass was thankfully mostly whole if not old.

And yes brass was found. The bright piece on the right is a cane tip with the wood still in place.

Ward third time was the charm so I called around. The place I normally take my recyclables is paying $1.45 for brass and $2.30 for copper. I decided to call another place and they pay $1.75 for brass and $2.80 for copper so it pays to shop around. :ty:
    Weird and wonderful things came out of the depths yesterday. When I first saw the brass piece it was covered in mud and looked like a brass spur at first glance.

A little pressure washing and they are good to go.
    The little canoe anchor I actually stepped on and scooped it up thing it was another bottle.

This was a very pleasant surprise to find. A swagger stick top. Canada and I can't place the crown exactly but likely from the reign of King Edward.
    I wish it had survived a little better in the saltwater.

The button, the pin and one of the silver quarters came out of the same hole.

Other than vague references to the maker being rare and associated with pre WW! items I have found no other information on H. Rosenthal from Toronto.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Now for the days disappointment. This is not how I wanted my first Vickie quarter to look.
    The only dated one is the top left at 1910 and the lower right is a Vickie. 

Bruce

Comment

There all great finds, I really like the cane top. Thats a keeper !
      east Tx.

Comment

Hudson you are so right about the swagger stick top.  :woohoo:
        Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X