A rocky start to the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rocky start to the week.

I am a metal detectorist but that doesn't stop me from looking for other things while I am out there.
    One of the things I am constantly on the look out for is an actual Native American stone/lithic tool.
    So I am constantly looking at oddly shaped rocks. And when I saw this in the sifter

I naturally had to see what was on the other side.
    Not exactly a native artifact 

The other thing as you all know is I am constantly feeling in the mud with my feet for any old bottles.
    This is my latest and my best find so far this week.

The brass never ceases.

And some are interesting like this.

The surface is worn so no dates or inscriptions have survived if any existed in the first place.
    But the back has survived enough to maybe trigger someones memory of which monarch it might be.

And here are the rest of the better finds.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

King George V and Queen Mary.

Comment

That bottle could be a good one! Embossed ones like that can bring a good price locally. And the rock looks like a priceless signed effigy from here :rolf:
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:  the rock looks like a priceless signed effigy from here :rolf:
        Ray for a very short time I considered posting it in the What Did I Find? forum :rolf:
        But I figured that it would end up getting to much press time and finally end up in Rocks Mistakenly Believed to be Artifacts :rolf:
        Bruce

Comment

I have not found an exact match for the brass medallion but apparently the pose is from the 1901 Canadian tour of the then Prince and Princess of Cornwall & York
          This is the picture that it is from.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X