Where there are signals there's hope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where there are signals there's hope.

As per the norm the junk first. And I'm sorry to say that the broken glass just will not quit.

Nothing special in the glassware but I will go out on a limb and say that this wide mouth mason jar is for canning salmon.

I thought for sure that I was pulling up a tin can with this cellphone and it has definitely seen better days.

Some of the oddball things that show up in the scoop are reminders of days long gone. Like these tube tops most likely from toothpaste. I don't have a clue what the little blobs at the bottom are I just thought they were funky looking so I threw them in as well.

This is from 1896: Colgate dental cream.

Now as I said where there are signals there's hope. And I am still trying to find one stinking key. :rolf:

Not everything here is old as you can see.

And I found another mystery item. I think it may be a weight to add to a downrigger for deep sea fishing. This would add about 2lbs to the line.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Anyone who knows better can jump in with a proper identification.

I found another 3 silver plated spoons.

And on Friday I thought I had found 3 more old silver coins.

But the center 2 ended up being 2 more old pennies.

So when I found these today I knew from the size hat the smaller one was a quarter

But I had to be sure that the larger one was a silver 50

So I cracked today's one open and yup a Kind Edward 50 cent piece.

Bruce

Comment

I will keep the other one as a mystery 50 and I think that I may raffle it off for my next fun hunt. I hope that everyone's evening is as nice as mine.

Have a good night and Happy Hunting tomorrow.
      Bruce

Comment

You find some crazy stuff Bruce! I always look forward to seeing it.......Thanks.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

The Colgate tops are a neat find. And it's interesting how many valves/pit-cocks you find.
          By the way, thanks for cleaning up all that broken glass.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote: The Colgate tops are a neat find. And it's interesting how many valves/pit-cocks you find.
            By the way, thanks for cleaning up all that broken glass.
            I like the old Colgate tops also Greg, and It is just not my style to toss the broken glass back where someone could seriously injure themselves.
            I take it all home and toss it in the recycle blue box.  https://www.crd.bc.ca/service/waste-...ycling-program
            Bruce

Comment

cleaning up all that glass, your a good man Bruce.
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
              X