I am a penny pincher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a penny pincher.

Or so it seems when I hunt dry land with the CTX.
    Yesterday started out being very frustrating for me. Hunting in the ocean you have to watch the tide charts.
    Yesterday the low tide was supposed to be at 12:30 so I waited until 10:00 to head out. And wouldn't you know it the tide was already halfway in. :angry:
    Well not wanting to waste the trip I went for it anyway but only managed 3 targets before it got to deep to stand in. :sad:
    2 of those targets were worth one picture each the first is either the worlds largest thimble or maybe just another cane tip. :rolf:

And it has been a while since this style of sunglasses were popular.

I will save the other for last.
    Now most of you know that we are in drought conditions here and my choices are limited as to where I can hunt on land.
    I just wasn't up to crashing through the blackberry brambles yesterday so I drove around looking for a park that had the sprinkler system turned on and working.
    Well I finally found one and yes pennies were found.

This little jewelry box key is likely not very old.

But very little of the plating remains so it has been in the ground for a while.

Now the norm for old pennies in fertilized parks is like this and I am sure that everyone has found a few of these crusty little boogers.

So when this one came out it was a very pleasant surprise.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

This was a first for me, my first US war nickle.

These are the rest of the keepers from this park.

The catch of the day came from the ocean and boy am I glad it's brass. I had no idea what it was when it first came out as it was covered in black crust.
    This little gem gave me a ton of chuckles when I did some research to see what it was all about. http://candyprofessor.com/2010/03/15...ndy-cathartic/
    Since this one has the little dude sitting on the chamber pot it is pre 1930 but as to when they first came out with these. :dunno:

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
    X