When is less more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is less more?

Less is when you reduce the sensitivity on the detector to almost nil so you can surface hunt for recent drops without being tempted to dig for those deeper targets.
    I did 2 land hunts this way on the 13th and 14th first was on a sports field.

And the second was in a park.

Not to bad when you chase penny signals less than 30 times and come up with a tiny silver ring.

My water hunting yesterday was also less. Less targets that is but it produced the best find hands down.
    This is the total targets from Wednesdays water hunt minus the prize.

These were interesting. I think this one is for a gas light.

The garter clip still has rubberized material in it.

And the button like item at the bottom may be an odd cufflink.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

The butterfly was a surprise.

And funny enough I found a second liquor advertising penknife.

So this is what I have been building up to. The finds fresh out of the drink.

Yes that is another crusty saltwater silver quarter. But this one is the prize.

And you can see that it is so fragile I dare not clean it to much.

Bruce

Comment

Awesome finds.  Are you a Sales Rep for Metal Detectors?  You make me want one every time I see your posts.
      \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

"When Is Less More?"  It depends on who you ask.  My Wife says when she goes collecting with me and picks up a rock she always asks me "is this anything?"  to wich  (according to her) I answer "No"  Then she throws it down and she says I double back later and pick it up and claim it to be a rare example of an artifact or fossil.  "Trust me Honey"  Would I lie to you." :evil:

Comment

you certainly find some cool stuff
          dont know which i like best
          the butterfly,the knife or the highlander broach/pin

Comment

That's it, I'm going to make my next purchase a metal detector! The plowed fields have given way to corn as high as an elephant's eye and I need to hunt for something.

Comment

Driftwood wrote: That's it, I'm going to make my next purchase a metal detector! The plowed fields have given way to corn as high as an elephant's eye and I need to hunt for something.
                I hear ya Drifrwood.  He's got me wanting one bad.

Comment

Looks like i have some converts. Or should I say cornverts. :rolf:
                This is a little more info of that WW! collar tab. ( forgot to put this info in and I am sorry).
                [b "The battalion was raised in Nova Scotia with mobilization at Valcartier, Quebec under G.O 2067. August 6, 1914. On Sept. 21st, when the decision to proceed to England was finalized, the surplus infantry was consigned to this battalion. It sailed on Oct 3rd, 1914 with a strength of 39 officers and717 other ranks. On arrival in England, the battalion was redesignated as the 17th Reserve Battalion and formed part of the Canadian Training Depot located at Tidworth Barracks. The battalion was disbanded Sept. 15th,1920. At the outbreak of World War 1, the eager young Regiment offered itself for overseas service. A total of 41 officers and 1,637 other ranks were drafted. The Regiment paid a heavy cost in blood during its numerous actions in the war.  At Vimy Ridge, the 72nd helped spearhead the attack that won Canadian troops their reputation as the finest shock troops on the Allied side – but after the battle, only 11 officers and 62 men remained.
                this is what a hat badge would have looked like.

[/b]
                Bruce

Comment

No I am retired but if you know anyone from Minelab give them the hint that i could use a little extra cash. :rolf:
                  Bruce

Comment

Bruce  I  will  have  nun  of that. Love  your finds  .
                    ...get a job will you
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Chase 
                        :rolf:
                      Bruce

Comment

Working...
                      X