Patience pays off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience pays off.

A few hours in the playground aka the Gorge and I had a good day.
    I went back to the area where I found all of those 32 shells hoping to find the gun but sadly no luck on that score today.
    Here's today's dross.

The finds started out with an embarrassment of copper coins.
    The goodies are there too if you can spot them.

Like I said an embarrassment of copper coins. The large one at the bottom is a 1974 British 10 pence.

Well right in the middle of this cluster a few cool finds started showing up.
    First was another bath house tag. And if the numbers get any lower soon I will be number 1

Next up was an advertising watch fob.

Then a nice 10K ring.

Quickly followed by this pocket knife.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

At this point I literately told myself to slow down and took a few steps backwards and started going over the same area a little more thoroughly and out popped these three blackened coins.

I knew immediately that it was my first silver dollar and another silver 50 and a dime.
    Well there was no way that I was going to leave the first dollar as a mystery coin so I had a go at finding out what it was.
    The first trip through the reverse electrolysis showed a sweet coin.

And while I was at it I did the 50 as well.
    The mirror image of the left of both of these shots is the crust that was removed from the other sides of the coins.

Sadly though as expected the finished product does show the ravages that saltwater does to silver coins.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
    X