Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hear you knocking but you can't come in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear you knocking but you can't come in.

Last night I received a text from Dan (another metal detectorist here in Victoria) asking if I would be hunting today. Silly question I know. :rolf:
    So we arranged to meet this morning at 9am.
    The first thing I did was to show him the area I have been working for the last month and a half and told him that I had found 90% of the finds that I had posted in that small area and that I was now working an area around the corner.
    What does he do?
    Spend over an hour in that area and then tells me there's no targets left.

Oh well it was his first ever water hunt and saltwater is not really the place to start but we both had fun.

We were in the water for around 3 and 1/2 hours and I slowly made my way back to the penny patch that I was working yesterday.
    The good , bad and the ugly from today.

And the heart breaker. At first I thought that I had broken it with the scoop but then I realized that it was already filled with sand so someone must have stepped on it long ago. To have finally found a bott6le that one of the metal caps I have been finding has been one of my goals for almost a year.

OK on with the mundane. I don't know if this is an L or a T :dunno:

Either way it could be up to 118 years old.

And I can't believe that I found a pencil but the brass pocket keeper helped.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

As I said I headed to the penny patch. and was not disappointed. Also shown is 2 more silver quarters and a King George the 5th LC.

But just like yesterday there were a few pleasant surprises. The first was another pocket knife. I would dearly like to find one with brass blades. :woohoo: As it matters not, land or saltwater, the blades are always gone.

The 2 winners of the day came shortly after. This was the first.

And this was the second.

This now makes 4 nice old padlocks that I have to find a key for so as said I hear you knocking but I need a key so you can't come in.

Some pics show iron keys.

And some show brass.

images.jpg not found

I can only hope that brass is the answer as any made from iron will be toast.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Nice  finds... looks like you  have  a lock on  things  :rolf:
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That lock with the Ace of Spades is sweet
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
        X