Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip part three.

This post was written by Ralph aka Mr. Beeps

It was a gorgeous morning as we headed out to another spot to hunt. The view was astounding.....

One of the local resident eagles gave us the "evil stare" and after a couple of minutes, decided to give our motley crew a wide berth and departed into the sky.

It was at this time that the guys decided to give me my own pair of wings, a very unique pair, if I do say so myself. I proudly wore them for the duration of the hunt.

To give you an idea of the type of hunting we were doing, here is a picture showing some of the trash we were working through....

We hunted for several hours and it was extremely enjoyable, even if no major finds ended up below my coil, but I finally had to put an end to this day as I discovered my arms were becoming as red as a boiled lobster. Here are my keepers.

Sir Yaksalot continued his lucky streak by finding his 3rd little nickel in 3 days, a 1914.

He also got a nice little Federal Firearms License, also 1914

And his other keepers.

As for Bruce aka "The Yeti" he came away with a buffalo nickel, coincidentally another 1914. Note the unusual bezel like rim. Also a stamped good luck token from a Greyhound Lines machine.

And 2 silvers - 59 quarter and 66 dime. He was growling with joy as he finally broke his silver curse here.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	th_bump.gif
Views:	11
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	169988
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Canada has some beautiful coins, that Buffalo nickel is special. Also love the 59 quarter, my birth yr but don't tell anyone. New friends and
      good memories, hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
      X