Road trip wrap up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip wrap up.

These two items were found on Ralph's last day up at Micheal's place but for some reason I did not show them.
    The first I think is another confection spoon similar to the Chiclets spoons I found in the Gorge but this one is not marked.

The second one might be another old lighter.

The size is right but who knows.

After Ralph left Micheal and I spent the day making downrigger weights.I took 168 pounds of lead that I had found so far this year up with me. This is just one bucket full.

First we started out by melting the lead in a crucible and as you can see the crapulence floats to the top and can be skimmed off.

And you are left with the cream of the crop.

Unfortunately the "ten pound lead salmon" was not lead but babbitt and it spoiled 20 pounds of lead. So we melted up some of Micheal's lead and I brought home 16 12-pound downrigger weights to sell to the salmon fishermen here on the island.

This is just another way to recycle some of what we are all finding. And make a few bucks in the process.They should sell for $30 each with no problems.

His son and family showed up just after midnight after a long days drive so I spent the last day up there giving them some family time by taking a chair, a book and my detector down to the beach at Edgewood.
    Do a little detecting then sit and read, repeat as necessary until the day was over. The only keeper looked horrible when it came out.
    It sounded just like a zinc penny and hit the CTX at 11/33 12/33. When I tried rubbing the crud off it snapped in two
    The size was right and it had a reeded edge so when I got home it went through the treatment. This is what it looks like now.

But as you can see from the other side it's an Eddie little nickel and it keeps me 2 steps ahead of the little nickel king.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Hey Bruce, Good use of the lead. I have one of those downrigger molds. Also have several bullet molds and four jig molds.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do you get your lead from Ron?

I can see pics.

Comment

Working...
    X