Trash day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash day.

After taking a couple of days off it was time to get back into the swing of things.
    The object of this hunt was to find some militaria as the area had seen training exercises since the late 1800s.
    But this is all that was found in that respect.

Now as the title states it was a trashy site and this will give you an idea of who the local inhabitants of the area are now.

And they do leave a ton of trash behind.

The bottles and cans took 4 trips back to the car when combined with the other carp I was pulling out of there.
    But $1.80 goes into the bank for the effort anyways.

And the pull tab Pete was tossing out the full range of product. They ran the gauntlet of styles.

This clunker gave me a rush for about 3 seconds.

And I did find a first for me, it's not old but it is the first fountain pen I have found.

Here is the clad pile the way some of you like to display it.

It was in a particular nasty spot where I was on my knee with the pinpointer pulling penny after penny,
    somewhere between 40 and 50 of them when the big one came out.
    After cleaning out the surface carp I rescanned and found the small one.

Here is the clad the way I like to show it, that is one hundred on the nose in pennies alone.

This is the other side of the Commonwealth games token.

So the small one, mangled as it is, keeps me 2 1/2 steps ahead of my friend Micheal. It's a 1914 little nickel.

The find of the day for me deserved it's own knee shot in my opinion.

The scratch on the left is another example of stones destroying an otherwise nice recovery, no matter what you do while digging you can't control everything in the ground.

It does have some dings but that is just added character.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Ding A Dime...Ding A Dime...Ding A Dime
    Hey Bruce, That's a real beauty.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thanks Ron I was super happy to see that one come out of the ground. Click image for larger version

Name:	th_yes3.gif
Views:	16
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	167165
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
      X