What title covers this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What title covers this?

At noon yesterday I stopped to unload the bottles and cans that were filling up my sifter. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpm44PyPPM.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	168202
    By the end of the hunt at 2:30 this was my sifter as I dragged it home. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_180.gif
Views:	118
Size:	957 Bytes
ID:	168203
    Click image for larger version

Name:	phpzzrR85PM.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	168204
    And all laid out. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpr09VrJPM.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	168205

Environmentally conscientious, stupid or just determined to get everything that is there.
    Take your pick of terms it works for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_212.gif
Views:	117
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	168206

Besides who can detect with a forest of aluminum cans hiding the goodies?
    I did manage some older bottles including my first intact milk bottle though. Click image for larger version

Name:	php7rkFdAPM.jpg
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	168207

And this interesting piece. Made by the British Syphon co London it reads H S Fairall. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpr8TJGNAM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	168208

Today's lead may have solved a mystery for me. A while back I asked if anyone knew what was the purpose of these lead items of which I have found 2. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpx7G3g4AM.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	168209
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Well this is what came out of an old wooden driver yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpUmGf3PPM.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	168211 Similar but not exact but it is a possible match. Anyway not a lot yesterday but it's always there. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpYF824lAM.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	168212 The brass pile and copper piles are getting up there. Click image for larger version

Name:	php9w2RaPPM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	168213 And some of it is interesting, like this old fly fishing reel and holder. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpi7hwbyPM.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	168214 I also found my 2nd hotel key tag in 2 days. This one still had the key Click image for larger version

Name:	phpe0tRluAM.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	168215 Click image for larger version

Name:	phptFKTo8AM.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	168216 While dragging the sifter back through the water I made my last two finds for the day.
    This one is a first for me. It's an inverted crucifix.
    And depending on your beliefs it can be religious or satanic.
    http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/peter.html Click image for larger version

Name:	php0PYpWmAM.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	168217 And another old brass padlock for the collection.[attachment=0]phppaS20YAM.jpg[/attachment] Click image for larger version

Name:	phppaS20YAM.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	168218
    Bruce

Comment

Hey Bruce, You should ask the EPA for a paycheck. You're doing a better job than they are.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

maybe its the type of cross your supposed to lift upright and kiss when you say a prayer ? if not my buddy Steve will still wear it,lol.
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I really like the bottles.
          east Tx.

Comment

Nice martian hat and amityville horror emblem.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

The Century Inn has an interesting history, great find.
              A history of the Victoria, British Columbia Canada music scene from 1950-1999

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                Funny how things go isn't it. PS the Monty’s Pub that he mentioned is also gone now.

Originally posted by OnewiththewilD View Post
              maybe its the type of cross your supposed to lift upright and kiss when you say a prayer ? if not my buddy Steve will still wear it,lol.
              The old bottles were the keepers of the day specifically the one with the spigot. It could only be from 1890-1893.

The Fairalls emigrated to Orillia, ON, in 1881, where Henry established Fairall’s Brewery. Coming to Victoria in 1888, he founded the E&N Brewery south of Esquimalt Rd in Lime Bay. From 1890-93 he ran it with Alfred N. Barry. Henry bought Barry out in 1893, then sold it in July 1894 to O’Brien & Varrelman who named it Excelsior Brewery. By 1895, Henry’s sons James “Jim”, Henry Jr and William “Bill” were all working for Excelsior. Henry bought it back in 1897 and called it Anglo-Candian Brewing Co till 1900, then Fairall’s Brewery until 1903. Bill ran Fairall’s Aerated Water Works on Esquimalt Rd for some time. After Henry Sr’s death, Henry Jr, Bill and their brother Charles became partners as Fairall Brothers Brewers & Soda Works. In 1908 it was taken over by Silver Springs Brewery
              Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X