Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am sorry but this is the only way that I can post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sorry but this is the only way that I can post.

Metal detecting is the patient search for things that have been lost,
    while accepting that we will find what has been thrown away also.

On Friday I hit a patch of castoffs in the gorge. All of it will be recycled,
    but there were no treasures.
    The lead.
    And the brass and copper.
    On Saturday and Sunday I decided to dry out for a while and hit the bush again.
    This is not an admission of my need to use the bathroom, but I need to take a dump.
    Actually I am referring to emptying out my pouch.
    This is only part of what I needed to get rid of, the rest will follow later.

While trying to step over a fallen tree trunk on Sunday my detector hit on something.
    I rolled the log out of the way thinking that it was another tin can but the signal had moved.
    It turned out to actually be in the trunk.
    I'm not sure if the 3" penetration was actual or if the tree grew more therefore burying it deeper.
    The nitro moments were there this weekend, just not the treasures.
    This one turned out to be a cheap pill container.

All of these ones are either plated or stainless. Except for the change purse handle.
    That one had me going for a while. I got a mixed high tone and the handle was the first out of the hole.
    The signal had changed to just a sweet high tone and my hopes were way up there.
    But in the end it was the copper square nail that was giving off the great tones.
    No amount of searching the entire area could produce the other half of the change purse or it's possible contents.

This is the pile O crud that I hauled out of the bush on the weekend.
    And when I look at these and think of the sacrifices that they made during both WW1 and WW2.
    I find it difficult to think that this is the freedom that they were fighting to preserve.

As mentioned earlier this is the second half of the dump I had to make.
    Well on Saturday morning i rounded up all of those bottles and cans that I have shown coming out of the Gorge and hauled them off to the recycle depot.
    Those and the ones I pulled out of the bush on the weekend paid for my gas.
    Even though no treasures were found I still had fun.

AS I SAID I AM SORRY. But since I can no longer upload any pictures i have to use this method to post my finds.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Dang it, longwinded no pics. What's wrong with them uploading?
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

How about thumbnails? They can be super sized after they're posted.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Charlie I can't upload pictures of any sort any wayI have tried everything.
        Bruce

Comment

Bruce

As I told you on a thread in "I Need Help with the Forum", I reset your permissions a few days ago to try and overcome the problem you were having about all your posts needing to be approved and the problems you were having with private messages not being received. That was a workaround I found on the vBulletin help forum where other users were reporting similar problems (with various suggestions that they related to a bug in a recent vBulletin update and/or a gremlin in the vBulletins's spam filter). I tested that workaround on Matt's "Spicoli" account before I tried it on yours. It worked for him (and subsequently for Charlie) but not for you... because it apparently solved two problems but created another.

It was only a workaround in any case and didn't really address the potential root causes of these problems... that the permissions structure doesn't actually do what it is supposed to.

My permissions have now been set to "ordinary member" so there is nothing I can now do. Essentially, I set you to have permissions from a primary group rather than a secondary group. Shane or the Admins will know what that means. Someone with Admin permissions in the back end could easily change you back to where you were, but I would suspect that you will then be able to post pictures again but the problem with unapproved posts and/or private message will reappear. There is something more fundamentally wrong that needs more attention than simply changing your permission settings via the Administrator Control Panel.

I have flagged these issues in various posts and also by email to Shane and Matt. Whether there has been any response or activity to investigate or resolve I can no longer tell you because I have no visibility of areas where such discussions might be taking place and my emails were not responded to.

It was always my view that a successful resolution of these kinds of problems would be more efficiently conducted on a single thread in the "I Need Help" section rather than bolted on to the end of posts in other places. And that they need a more detailed exchange and methodical approach to get to the root causes rather than just sorting out the issues for one member.

These are just some of the reasons I referenced in my decision to pull out of these issues. There were some things I could do to help but they were so time-consuming and so poorly supported that I simply stopped doing them. I know that you sent a private message to Shane about his specific problem. Did you get any kind of response?
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

No Roger I have not received any response as of yet. And I can also no longer send any Private messages either. This is what showed up just now when i click on the link to send you a private message. And I get the same message no matter who I try to PM. "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
            Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin".
            Bruce

Comment

Roger I want you to know that I am in no way what so ever blaming you for the current snafoos that I am experiancing.
              Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
                Roger I want you to know that I am in no way what so ever blaming you for the current snafoos that I am experiancing.
                Yes, my friend... I both know and understand that. I hope you also know and understand that I am not criticising you.

I believe that there must now be other things going on that may be influencing the permissions hierarchy but I can only guess what they might be. There were times just before we went live when different migration scripts were being tested to try and remove banned users from the live database. In a recent mail behind the scenes a day or so ago, it was indicated that Shane may have "reset everyone to where we are", but I have no idea what that really means, whether it is factually correct, or what implications it might have for the permissions structure that had originally been set up (which was working properly at the time we originally tested vBulletin).
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Bruce I did log in as you today and I am sorry I did make several attempts to reset your profile over the past few days. To no avail. For now We will leave it to the development team but they may not respond until Monday.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	triangle.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	169934 triangle
                    Bruce

Comment

OK Bruce turning this back over to you
                      Bruce

Comment

Working...
                      X