Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was just playing around while Dan was going for the gusto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just playing around while Dan was going for the gusto.

Yesterday Dan aka Dan (VicBC)and I went on a little road trip to Jordan River.

Natures bounty was evident everywhere Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	169958 And I expect that things will be purple for a while. Click image for larger version

Name:	lmfao.gif
Views:	14
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	169960 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	169959 The scenery was unbelievable. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	169961 And although we expected nothing from this beach we just had to give it a go as this is where the surfers launch from in the winter time. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	169962
    I will dispense with my usual crapulance shots, don't worry there was a lot of it.
    There were very few quality targets were we were hunting. The logging roads were out of bounds due to forest fire threat.
    And after a stop at the Sooke museum on the way out we were aware that the original location for the workers was a tent city on the beach someplace.
    So we stuck to areas close to what we thought might have been used.
    No luck was had in finding that location but there were several abandoned homes that we were told were ok to search.
    My finds were OK. But Dan made a sweet find that he will post himself.
    My meager finds included the smallest white marble that I have ever seen. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	169963 And what may be part of a push button light switch. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	169964 Nothing earth shattering on the coin scene was found by either of us. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	169965
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

One item that tickled my fancy was a copper ashtray. Not particularly unusual but after tumbling the advertising became clear and the phone number is only 3 digits long. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	169967
    Well as stated I was just playing around out there yesterday and what better way to do that than to find toys Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	169968The truck is a Euclid Dump Truck and it was manufactured between 1955 and 1961. Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	169969 Dan found a sweet employee token. Vancouver Island Power Company. And it was formed in 1907. It's main project in 1909 was to start the construction of the Jordan River Hydroelectric Plant. The tags could have served two purposes.
    #1 like the coal mines you had to leave your tag at the top of the shaft when you went underground. That way they knew who was working that day,and if an accident occurred, who was present and accounted for or still missing. And the number on the back would have been the employee's ID number.
    #2 it could have been used to sign out tools from the tool room. With the employee number they would know who to charge for the tool replacement if it was not returned.Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	169970 Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	169971
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Very cool finds Bruce Thank you for sharing these with all of us.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks Bruce, LOL three digit phone number. It's amazing how things have changed in the past fifty years. Can you imagine what the next fifty will bring?
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hey Bruce, if you haven't already, try pushing the button on the light switch.....

And on that awful note, exit stage right.....

Rhode Island

Comment

Just kidding ya, Bruce. I like the toys....
            Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
            X