Just like cash in the bank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just like cash in the bank.

I have done three water hunts and one land hunt in the last two days.
    And the water has provided more recyclables.
    How is this for an overload signal? The brass and lead flashing were all in the same hole in the Gorge. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpQdkmquAM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	171040
    This is the rest of the lead and some more of those wondrous golf eggs. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpO07PN5AM.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	171041 And the rest of the brass.
    The little latch at the bottom right is curious because it was riveted and not screwed or bolted to whatever it was attached to.
    I also included the grey object. It had an egg shaped wooden handle on it when it came out of the water.
    Any one have any ideas as to what it might be? Click image for larger version

Name:	php1pI3L5AM.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	171042 The bottles and cans coming out of the water do add a nice little bonus to the gas fund.
    $6.55 in the last two days but some are keepers because of the nice colours in the old bottles. Click image for larger version

Name:	php1R3CQcAM.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	171043 And some are just fun to find like this little shaker. Click image for larger version

Name:	phphZnkdNAM.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	171044 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpGlQybgAM.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	171045 And the silver ring streak is still alive although just barely.
    The penny was also found in the Gorge yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpjtDDLbAM.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	171046 Two keepers showed up it the scoop. This one is from Wednesday. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpIjDZHQAM.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	171047
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

The smaller one was pulled on Thursday. Click image for larger version

Name:	phprZLZFrAM.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	171049
    Never satisfied I headed out for a couple of hours last night to do a little dry ground hunting.
    I found a huge old oak tree Click image for larger version

Name:	phpaXh4wqAM.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	171050 And most of this clad was sitting on the surface in the grass under the tree.
    A tad over $12.00 of the days clad was under that tree and not a single hole was dug. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpDvtWq7AM.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	171051 And who can forget my favorite gripe. The curse of inner city hunting. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpsC2RsJAM.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	171052
    Bruce

Comment

Nice haul Bruce - I've always thought there was something classically beautiful about oar locks.. probably just me though.
      Last edited by Olden; 08-28-2015, 07:30 PM.
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

No it is not just you Olden. This is the third one that I have found and I like each one. This one was found in June. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpWgiIfwPM.jpg
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	171156
        Bruce

Comment

What's the device above that 3rd lock - another heavy fishing weight? It almost looks like a folding boat anchor. It's great that you're finding enough scrap to offset some expenses!
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Right on first guess Olden. They are used for canoes and kayaks.
            Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X