One by one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One by one.

Yesterday was like most for me and many of you as well.
    The keepers rarely come in bunched up form.
    One here minutes or hours later another and so on.
    The first keeper on Monday once again proves the point of always recheck your holes.
    The signal was a little mixed up, but to be expected when I pulled the 4 brass keys out and the rusted one as well.
    Put the plug back in place stomped it down and swung the coil over it again.
    4 inches deeper out came the 2 pennies and the silver dime. Click image for larger version

Name:	php3uHGt0PM.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	172819 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpaK68S7PM.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	172820 Not to long after came this crusty piece of work. It is a Washington State tax token. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_tax_token Click image for larger version

Name:	phpaMHpxoPM.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	172821 Click image for larger version

Name:	php2Vm9OhPM.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	172822 Then I hit a small patch of pennies and garbage before this one popped out. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpZ2ETQKPM.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	172823 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpWynXbePM.jpg
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	172824 After that things went quiet for a long time.
    3 1/2 hours swinging the 17" coil and no hits wears on you but getting another silver dime sure perks you up. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpNtwhSJPM.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	172825 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpGoS3BYPM.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	172826
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

A half hour later this bugger was a nitro moment, sitting there all shiny in the bottom of the hole. It reminds me of a pirate with a detector and a pile of jewels. Click image for larger version

Name:	php3HwN8TPM.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	172828 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpkyxEoCPM.jpg
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	172829 OH well on to the next hole.
    What is it with one every half hour? Because that was the time between the last 2 keepers. Click image for larger version

Name:	phptaRUlPPM.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	172831
    Swing a little, pull a couple of pennies and. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpyEroG6PM.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	172830 Swing a little, pull a couple of pennies and. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpnxPGg6PM.jpg
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	172832 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpxb6y6TPM.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	172833 After 6 hours I called it quits. Not a whole lot of trash yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpqCD9twPM.jpg
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	172834 And the penny to silver ratio is not something I am going to complain about. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpQkW0y0PM.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	172835
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I have got to save my money and buy me a metal detector and a plane ticket so I can come collect with you. My house was built in 1922. It is an old farmhouse. I'm sure it has a coin or two in the yard somewhere. I could look there too.
      \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

People be throwing away money up there like it's trash......you would think back in the 50's and 60's they would have valued it more! Nice finds .....makes be want to get my detector out of the attic!

Comment

Really nice finds, I really like that Washington tax token....makes me want to buy a metal detector!

Comment

Hey Bruce, the sales tax token in cool. It's hard to imagine a time when a penny was worth something not to mention a fraction of a penny.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
            X