No announcement yet.

Is metal detecting like point hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is metal detecting like point hunting?

The way I look at it is the trash I find is modern debitage. Waste crapulance the someone has tossed aside. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpznGa2GAM.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	181143 The recyclables and modern coins are like finding brokes to me. Close but no cigar. Click image for larger version

Name:	php9rPT8XAM.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	181144 Every day is an adventure and if you take it one day at a time. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpM3saFAAM.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	181145 Good things can and do happen. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpsrNTehAM.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	181146 This is my 11th silver half dollar this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	php3tYDG2AM.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	181147 Unfortunately I did give this little lady a beauty mark. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpoL1IpIAM.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	181148
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Thanks for sharing! I got what you suggested on my Christmas list

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      That is great.

Even your trash is interesting! My rejects consist of oyster shells, chunks of riprap, stray bits of quartz, and hardened marsh muck, all nicely shaped into triangular formations by the tumbling action of surf and sand & guaranteed to get my heart rate going for a second or two before disappointment sets in.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Every single signal in the headphones does that to me too.
      I should be hooked up to a heart monitor. I get rushes all day long.

Bruce you sure find a lot of Coins and Duck Calls where you hunt.
    \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Here duck duck.
      If I had only know that story earlier Bobby you would have received a life time supply of duck calls in the package that I sent to you earlier.

Okay, so if we are giving our hearts that sudden rush of adrenalin, can we consider this a good cardio workout?? Works for me! 😍
    Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      100% absolutely correct there.

Bruce, it is totally like the same thing. Since I do both, I see both hobbies that I can compare them side by side. I use to go out and hunt points only and when I detected I did that only. But my pattern for both are the same. When I point hunt, when I get into flakes I slow down and check out the area,.Same way for clad when I detect. About 6 years ago I combined the two hobbies. And because it slowed me down, I found more stone points. Swing the one armed bandit, I just have to listen for tone. Both are a A rush you find something.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      There he is! Been wondering where you are and how you have been?

Originally posted by chase View Post
    Bruce, it is totally like the same thing. Since I do both, I see both hobbies that I can compare them side by side. I use to go out and hunt points only and when I detected I did that only. But my pattern for both are the same. When I point hunt, when I get into flakes I slow down and check out the area,.Same way for clad when I detect. About 6 years ago I combined the two hobbies. And because it slowed me down, I found more stone points. Swing the one armed bandit, I just have to listen for tone. Both are a A rush you find something.
    You are so right about the rush Chase. And by the way I missed your comments my friend. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_123.gif
Views:	126
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	181364

Now I need to get my first big rush for a complete point out of the way. It's a good thing that detecting keeps my blood flowing because if I was relying on point hunting to do the job I would need a casket with wheels. Click image for larger version

Name:	laugh.jpg
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	181363
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Bruce as always you find alot of very nice coins, haven't been on in a while, but had to come and see what "new" stuff you have found lately, always very impressed. Keep em' coming!!!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the compliment.
    Working...
    X