Good, better, best and ?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good, better, best and ?????????

Trash is bad. But it is getting less so that is good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1341.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	193397
    The recyclables almost equaled the trash in numbers. So that is good too. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1344.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	193398 Pennies are a nuisance. But paying for gas is good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1346.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	193399 Finding keepers is good. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1331.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	193400 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1349.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	193401 When they come in multiples it it better.
    I got a sweet high tone right next to another walkway.
    And at only 1" deep this popped out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1332.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	193402 After patting the dirt back I re-scanned and the same signal was still there.
    To give you guys an idea of how close to the walkway I work take a look at this. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1336.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	193403 That pic was taken right after I pulled the rest out of the hole. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1335.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	193404
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1351.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	193406 Carrying on with the thyme. Finding older keepers is best. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1337.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	193407 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1354.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	193408 ???????
    I have found bird bands before.
    I have even found one other one still in place on the leg bone.
    This one has me stumped though.
    It is definitely not the normal pigeon band. Click image for larger version

Name:	mA9EZwJxb87m6XAjCkN-f3g.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	193409
    How's this for crude. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1340.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	193410 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1347.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	193411
    Bruce

Comment

Hey Bruce, Good day's work on the silver mining. I think that band belonged to my brother-in-law. He went missing wearing an ankle bracelet.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Too funny Ron.
        Bruce

Comment

that's interesting. always wanted to get a Metal Detector ... I'd probably clean up on the local Los Angeles beaches...
          \"..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride..\" ~~ Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            A lot of people will be doing the beaches down there already. But I can guarantee that new stuff is being lost daily.
            Stay away from the Garrett AT Pro if you plan on hitting saltwater beaches.
            Keep this one in mind. http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/whites...metal-detector
            If it turns out to do well in saltwater this one would be a great detector for you.

Hi Bruce
          I find a lot of racing pigeon rings in the fields over here too (mostly plastic and occasionally metal with a simple wrap-round or crimp) but have never seen a metal one with a double rivet, or even a single rivet. I asked a friend who keeps pigeons and he said that metal ones with a single rivet are commonly used on birds with strong beaks such as hawks, eagles and owls and occasionally on larger birds such as geese and swans where someone is keeping tabs on a “resident” or migratory population returning to a particular area. They’re much more difficult for a strong bird to remove. Two rivets would make it pretty impossible.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I agree on the strong beak theory Roger. The resident population of hawks, owls and eagles is a great possibility.
            The bone is just a hair over 2 5/8" long so that likely eliminates eagles, and most definitely eliminates the great blue herons which are also residences of the area. So I am betting either a hawk or an owl.
            This one is a hawk band and the bone is approximately the same length. Click image for larger version

Name:	phph8HvsQPM.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	194105 Unfortunately I have so far been unable to find a registry for the type of band posted above.
            Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X