My knees are killing me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My knees are killing me.

So I think that it's time to put the bigfoot coil back on the CTX and look for those deeper signals again for a while.
    There is nothing really special in this post today.
    But if I wait much more than two days my posts do get overly long.
    As per normal I will get the smut out of the way first.
    Here is my dirty pic of the day. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1906.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	197756 Gas has once again been covered.
    And there are more tokens to toss into the sand for the fun hunt. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1911.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	197757 And I think that a run to the recyclers is in order very soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1909.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	197758 There was only one head scratcher this time around.
    do any of you know about these marbles? It is plastic and has a metal core. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1917.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	197759 Friday did produce one nice little pocket spill. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1903.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	197762 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1916.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	197763 Good luck out there guys and gals. Play safe and have fun.
    Attached Files
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

My guess would be that the mystery item is from a check/non return ball valve Bruce. Perhaps the indented ring pattern helped to locate it against the spring that closes the valve when the flow pressure drops. They're usually rubber or plastic coated for a better seal and have a steel core to give them a bit of weight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Check Valve.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	197786
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks once again Roger. I hope that you never tire of helping all of us with identifications like this.

• painshill
      painshill commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem Bruce... but it is only a guess, based on stuff I've seen previously. Milling balls also sometimes have a steel core but those that do are usually hard ceramic and I couldn't see plastic being durable enough. Also, balls in older coin-operated games sometimes have a steel core... the cue ball for coin-operated pool tables for example... because they relied on a magnetic system to release the balls for the player. I would guess the same might be true for some coin-operated arcade games of a bagatelle-like nature. Skee-ball for example, of which there is a mini-version for children... but I can't see a ball intended to have a rolling function being anything but completely smooth.
Working...
X