Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn every now and then.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even a blind chipmunk finds an acorn every now and then.

I broke out my detector for the first time this year. I was wanting to hunt a new fur trade site, but when I got to the general area the snow was to deep to hunt that site. So I fell back on a old fur trade site that has been detected for the past 40 years. I thought that I would do some fringe hunting to see if I could come up with a trinket. I parked on the side of the highway and walked across to the other side. Turned on the detector and got about 20 yards when I hit a signal. I rolled my eyes saying to myself gees should I even dig it. It was right next to a dirt bike path and I really figured it was just parts to a motocross bike. But Like I do I dig the trash out to rid the site, and to my surprise I came up with three coins that were well used. A half dollar 1867 a dime 1869 and a 5 cent shield date unknown? out of that hole. The rest of the day was digging the trash. But I was super stoked with the cache of coinage. It really made my day!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2357.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	199773 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2360.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	199774
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Excellent finds!! I hope there's some more there for ya!

Comment

Chump change, love chump change, especially old chump change!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Chase, That sure is some nice coin. You were up there when you was a wee lad and that's probably your lost coins.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Lucky Dog you! congrats on the great finds
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well for a blind chipmunk Chase you certainly found a tough nut to beat.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
            X