2 more to go after this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more to go after this one.

Forgive me for this post seeming to be in the third person.
    I stayed up at my friends place for another week after the crew left.
    And I was showing him how to have fun while posting.
    He like many other online posters was always writing those "stick in the mud" types of posts that told nothing of what the day was like.

I have hijacked Bruce's login because for some reason the little weasel can post more pictures than I can.

Bruce has stayed up here after the gang left on Sunday and we went point hunting on Monday.
    More to the point I went point hunting while he walked around with his head in the clouds.
    This was the result of the point hunt for me. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	201062 Now to be fair he did get some good information while I was on all fours, begging..
    A local stopped by and Bruce struck up a conversation.
    You see the two of us have been eyeballing a spot directly across the river, but we could never figure out how to get there.
    This fellow said all we had to do was backtrack 3 miles and cross the river.
    Travel 6 miles up hill and cross another river then travel 6 miles back down hill easy peasy.
    Half way there there was a sign that was not a lot of help. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	201063 Speaking about packing a lunch, this made us hungry. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	201064 Once we arrived in one piece we headed out in separate directions to try and locate the old schoolhouse.
    I stumbled across this little fellow in the middle of the bush. just before finding the schoolhouse. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	201065 The finds there were too sparse to spend a lot of time there so we headed down to the beach where I schooled the oldman.
    I was having the best day in a long time and I kept inviting him to come and join me.
    But he kept giving me some namy pampy excuse about his coil being to big to work in amongst the nail beds.
    He did sneak in once and pull this which beat me by one year for oldest coin for the day.
    An 1888 little nickel. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	201066 I guess that he did ok for the day as these were the rest of his keepers. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	201067 We both managed a pile of pennies. His Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	201068 And mine (schooled again). Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	201069
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Brucies googaws and flisbits. Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	201071 And mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	201072 To the best of my knowledge the registration number indicates British manufacture, dating from about the end of 1910 to the beginning of 1911. Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	201073 And this nice complete pocket watch which even had the remains of the leather thong, and the glass intact.. Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	201074 Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	201075
    OK now the best for the last. Four nice Canadian silvers. Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	201076 And four American silvers. An 1889 Seated dime, a 1900 Barber 50 cent piece, a 1918 Mercury and a 1952 Rosie. Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	201077 My favorite finds as you all know though are military and personal so these two made my day.
    I could almost say that the cufflink was fated since it has a nice scrolled 'R' on it.
    And the Royal Canadian Dragoons button.. a very sweet find as I did not have one in the collection. "This Regular Force regiment originated on 21 December 1883" Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	201078
    Bruce

Comment

OOPS I forgot to add the bread and butter shot. Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	201080
      Bruce

Comment

Excellent finds, guys! Y'all are really cleaning up the countryside!

Comment

Working...
        X