Finding stuff is easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding stuff is easy.

There is crap everywhere. And yes I am still pulling more pull tabs. I have been going over areas that I have already been over with the 17" coil. Using the 9" Coiltek coil has caused me to slow down and take smaller steps. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	250206 Now that is not a bad thing. Because I tend to stretch out my legs and miss things. Most of it is rather useless. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	250207 Sometimes the prize is not what caused you to dig. Take this old piece as an example. This is what caused me to dig. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	250208 The milk glass lid was a real bonus though. This link has everything you would ever want to know about this company. https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/Cons...edFruitJar.pdf Except how old this lid is. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	250209 I do have to say that every time I use the 9" coil it impresses me even more. There is no detector that is made just for the Canadian market and out clad coins. The CTX is no different from any other high end detector in that they see our coins as crap. And react accordingly. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	250210 I can pick out the nickel based coins when I am focusing on them while running the Minelab coils. However when I am hunting for high tones I block out those garbage signals 90% of the time. The Coiltek coil takes care of that and the old nickel coins just sing out. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	250211 Over the last three days and approximately 10 hours of swing time there have only been 2 coin digs worth showing. The first was a really nice surprise at only 1 inch deep among the rocks in a trail. It needed a little TLC Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	250212 But I will take an 1877 Straits Settlements One Cent any day. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	250213
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	250215 The last was a funky sounding target. The buffalo nickel and a nail (not pictured) were the culprits. Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	250217Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	250216
    Bruce

Comment

Good finds Bruce I love the Mason jar history seems like I find a top almost everytime I go hunting. Did I read the link correctly that The Consolidated Fruit Jar Co stopped making tops in 1907. I have only one broken with their logo.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Sure have been a lot of coins lost throughout the years, and think about across the whole planet. I wonder how big of pile it would be.
        South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Trying to figure out the pile is mind boggling.
          According to most sources there are more coins lost in the ground right now than there are in circulation.

WOW! you just kill it. Thanks Bruce!
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Chase.

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
        Good finds Bruce I love the Mason jar history seems like I find a top almost everytime I go hunting. Did I read the link correctly that The Consolidated Fruit Jar Co stopped making tops in 1907. I have only one broken with their logo.
        I like finding Mason jar lids also. I have a few that I have kept.
        This one is by far the smallest of the bunch.
        And as far as I could tell from that link you are correct 1907 seems to be the last year that they made lids. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170518_120037.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	250259
        Bruce

Comment

That's a lot of coins
          South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it is Gary.

Amazing informations thanks for sharing
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes the company history is hard to nail down. I got lucky this time.
        Working...
        X