Variety is the spice of life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variety is the spice of life.

Searching for one thing or in one place can get boring after a while.
    And for that reason I change it up quite often.
    On Wednesday a trip back to where Daniel and I came up with all of that clad seemed to be in order.
    However after an hour and a half of searching only two new dimes sitting on top of the grass together was my reward for that trip.
    So a trip back to one of the local favorite spots to finish off the day seemed like a good idea.
    Diddly squat was found there except for three pennies and a few pull tabs.
    What a totally wasted day that was.
    Yesterday I had some time to kill before heading into the barber shop to get sheared for the summer.
    There was a slight case of shaggy dog syndrome going on.
    And since penny beach was right around the corner it only made sense to give it another try.
    Just before the beach a signal stopped me in my tracks.
    It is a little worse for wear but another sash buckle is always a welcome site. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	250861Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	250862 When this came out of the muck I knew instantly what it was. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	250863 It is another piece of those sterling cufflinks that I was finding last year. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	250864Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	250865
    After the sheep shearing session a little clad hunting was in order to put some go go juice in the beast. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	250866 The recycle bins are making a slow climb back to full. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	250867 There was one interesting item in that last picture.
    I had no previous idea that there was any ammunition manufacturing going on in Victoria before this showed up.
    "A 1901 Canadian Census entry showing that Henry Short, born march 27,1844 in Ireland immigrated to Canada in 1862 and is shown as a gunmaker in Victoria BC. He dies on March 9, 1902 leaving a widow, Alice, and a daughter and two sons, one of which is also listed as a gunmaker. Shells headstamped by his firm were likely ordered from a major ammunition firm."
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	250868
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Yeah your filling back up fast there Canuck...I got the summer crop this morning also...ahhh nice and cool...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      What did you plant?

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha...by crop I meant that I got a haircut. I got my hair cropped...

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha.

Some more nice finds, even though you may be spicy enough without spicing up any more.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. I like spicy.
Working...
X