Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had no intention of this becoming the BRUCE forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no intention of this becoming the BRUCE forum.

It has recently come to my attention that I post too much.
    And for that I sincerely apologize.
    I just happen to detect a lot and because of that I find a lot of stuff.
    So what I have decided to do is cut back on my posting.
    Because of that, this post covers about a week of my life.
    For three days I was covering areas already covered by myself and many others.
    Besides the normal trash I did manage to put some gas in the tank. Click image for larger version

Name:	php2u6iIuPM.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	253556 One of the The best thing about this park that I chose is the wildlife.
    I had no idea what had the attention of the young buck on the right. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpM9mINdPM.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	253557 Until I looked up.
    Heck they never even knew that I was there. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpFbM08cPM.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	253558I did manage one somewhat nice find during a break at the high tide line.
    I do have to say once again that saltwater sucks. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170613_162539.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	253559Click image for larger version

Name:	20170614_073538.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	253560 After this three day period I actually took a day off and did nothing.
    Yup. I became as couch potato.
    Well boredom got the better of me and the need to find overcame the desire to just sit.
    So on day five of this post I headed to the Gorge. https://www.crd.bc.ca/education/our-...gorge-waterway
    I did manage a few finds that day.
    This included. Click image for larger version

Name:	php5cXkPrPM.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	253561For those of you who need information as much as I do the ring is 9 karat and the date code indicates that it was made in 1957. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpECi21hPM.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	253562 As I was exiting from the water I saw the strangest thing.
    It was two fold.
    There was a camera man way up the beach.
    And a reporter tip toeing through the muck to get to me.
    One question led to another and we headed back to my place.
    I will get to that at the end of this post.
    Yesterday it was back in the puddle however this time I chose the wrong location.
    Not long after entering the water the beach was descended upon by a pack of screaming meemies.
    Two grade seven classes arrived screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs.
    forcing me to vacate the chosen ground for something a bit less noisy.
    Well anyway this is the result of two days in the water. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpF3ddOhPM.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	808.1 KB
ID:	253563

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

I guess that having to move was not the worst thing that could have happened.
    It did allow for the young queen Elizabeth quarter and the Vickie dime to be found.
    The LC (which is also a Vickie) was found the day before.
    Like I said earlier "saltwater sucks". Click image for larger version  Name:	phptMWFdzPM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	461.8 KB ID:	253565
    Today's excursion into the puddle, ended far to quickly when the handle on the scoop snapped. Click image for larger version  Name:	phpXvubfjPM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	253566
    This is the result of those questions. http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1151285
    For those of you who do not like watching interviews this was the end result of those questions. Click image for larger version  Name:	phpuxAcIbPM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	119.3 KB ID:	253567
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Who says you post too much? I for one enjoy your posts even though I'm not a metal detector. They are well presented and laid out very well and I like reading them. I have seen some way cool things come from the soil in your pics. Are those Sitka Deer? Also that has got to be the largest haul of drug paraphernalia I have seen from you yet. The needles are really sad to see and the ring...why would someone take the stone but throw the gold away? Keep the posts rolling Canuck as they are always worth the read...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Heck yea keep them coming !! Love your post !!! Was u detecting a rehab ??!! Lol , glad u got all of that out of arms reach of children ..... awesome post , love your reads and love seeing what u find !!
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish that it was a rehab center. All of those came from parks.

Great Post and good interview Bruce. I always enjoy your posts and actually don't think you post enough. That is one huge pile of spikes. There is a new mix of fentanol, heroin, and carfentanol that is causing overdoses in my area by just touching the residue it's called gray death, or the gray ghost. Just want you to be careful out there
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        We have the same concoction here and it is killing the addicts right left and center.
        You had better believe that careful is my middle name.

Bruce,

The work you put into your posts is evident. Like everyone else, I think your posts are interesting and enjoyable to read.

Your dedication to metal detecting is also evident.

Keep up the good work.

David

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you my friend. Your opinion means a lot.

Nah Bruce, you post away. This Forum needs your posts of treasure. I for one, dont see how you make time for all you have on your plate on the net and still have time to detect.
      I enjoy your posts. Thank you for being a member, and post away just like you do else where.
      Thank You!!!!!!!
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        To be honest Chase, I have stopped posting over there. That is the reason for my title.

GOOD NEWS: It's a shame that we don't see more good news stories like this on TV. It's a great video.

BAD NEWS: It's a shame that people are wasting their lives using illegal drugs and leaving their trash behind.

Bruce again I thank you for cleaning up after the slobs.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Geez, ya can't post often enough. I admit, metal detecting is not my forte, and I don't always look at this section of the forum, but, this forum always needs more frequent posting, not less. IMHO.
        Rhode Island

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Put out the word then Charlie. I would love to be reading other peoples posts and not just my own.

Bruc, you dont post to much.
        like the others i enjoy reading your posts and seeing what you find. your writing skills are excellent and makes me feel like i am on the hunt with you.

that is quit the haul of drug gear.

the pipe on the bottom left,is it carved or is it a cast?

i only ask because i collect pipes(mostly peace pipe style,but also have a tube pipe in the collection)
        i love carved pipes,and am lucky enough to be friends with some great pipe makers

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          It is carved wood. Send me your address.

Love all you post and how you leave places better than you find them; this forum included!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.
          Especially for the last comment.

Don't always comment but always enjoy your post! Me I'm afraid to go out and get a metal detector. I'd just get distracted then and forget all about arrowheads!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Talk to Chase. Swinging the coil in no way impedes your eyesight.
          I guarantee that if you start swinging the coil when you are walking those fields you will never have a blank hunt.

I personally look forward to all of your posts. I believe you make some of the most thorough and interesting posts of all. I don't even metal detect and am intrigued and impressed by your finds and hard work. keep em coming buddy, thanks for another top notch post.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          That means a lot to me. Thanks.

Keep posting and sharing! I enjoy seeing all those goodies
        South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do my friend. More goodies coming up tonight.

I think you are doing us a favor.
        Some of us still get out metal detecting.

I go on occasion but not as often as I would like.
        I started swinging a D-Tex back in the 60's.

Presently, I own 5 detectors and rarely use any of them.
        One of them is the 1966 Gold Master I started with [D-Tex and it still works]
        I inherited it from my Dad.
        At one time, well the pickins were very good around here, but over the years
        it has fallen off a lot.
        The competition around my area is quite intense.
        We have 4 local detector groups with membership in the multiple of hundreds.

Someone out there is grateful you take the time to gather the dangerous stuff and dispose of them in a responsible manner.

Jess B.
        Last edited by Bone2stone; 06-23-2017, 09:01 PM.
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          In cases like yours Jess, research and asking for permissions will keep you in the game.
      Working...
      X