Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had no intention of this becoming the BRUCE forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never find anything worth posting. I do have one thing, I'll add it so you don't feel alone.
    پححعظ شاهبيل

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Your infantry button was, and is, a very nice find Justin. Thanks for the helping hand.

Bruce, sweetie, you keep on posting! I love you taking us along in your metal treks. Your finds make up for all the ones I don't find! Whoever told you that owes you a huge apology. You're one of our mainstays.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Deb, you are the sweetie here. Thanks my friend for the uplifting words.

I echo everyone else's sentiment Bruce. I don't always respond to your post but I do look to see what you've dug up. Honestly I have great interest in MDing but I try to keep it subdued for the time being because if I pick up another hobby I'd probably get divorced. I already eat, sleep and breathe Native American artifacts so much sometimes I have to force myself back to the 21st century to keep my sanity and my priorities in check lol. But that's just me, that's what I like to do and I'm going to keep doing it. I have an appetite for learning and I like helping other people who want to learn.
    Your metal detecting know how has been a big contribution to this forum. So you keep doing you and don't second guess it. We need people who have that passion for this stuff (MDing, fossils, artifacts, etc) beyond just an ordinary hobby. That's what makes our forum special and makes it the go to place for people who want to learn.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Josh. My divorce is looming. It had nothing to do with my hobby/obsession.
      We just grew apart over time and detecting is my escape from reality and keeps me sane.
      As for sharing knowledge, I am more than happy to help anyone out that I can.

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
    GOOD NEWS: It's a shame that we don't see more good news stories like this on TV. It's a great video.

BAD NEWS: It's a shame that people are wasting their lives using illegal drugs and leaving their trash behind.

Bruce again I thank you for cleaning up after the slobs.
    Thank you for the vote of confidence Ron. I found this in the scoop the other day.
    The beautiful whiteness of it stopped me from tossing it back into the water. Click image for larger version  Name:	phpdRnpG2PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	253822
    Do you think that you could make a point with it? Click image for larger version  Name:	phpwcBfVCPM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	253823
    I do not know if the fractures are surface only or if they go deep.
    Last edited by 2ndoldman; 06-24-2017, 10:44 PM.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks like some beautiful quartz but I don't think it would hold together for knapping.

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought as much. I was thinking that it would have made a beautiful bird point .

Originally posted by Bone2stone View Post
    I think you are doing us a favor.
    Some of us still get out metal detecting.

I go on occasion but not as often as I would like.
    I started swinging a D-Tex back in the 60's.

Presently, I own 5 detectors and rarely use any of them.
    One of them is the 1966 Gold Master I started with [D-Tex and it still works]
    I inherited it from my Dad.
    At one time, well the pickins were very good around here, but over the years
    it has fallen off a lot.
    The competition around my area is quite intense.
    We have 4 local detector groups with membership in the multiple of hundreds.

Someone out there is grateful you take the time to gather the dangerous stuff and dispose of them in a responsible manner.

Jess B.
    Bruce I sent PM
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Bruce. Great interview! You don't post too much. Please ignore what they say. They are the haters and the envious ones who can only dream of finding what you work so hard to uncover and discover.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Flattery will get you everything JP. Thanks.

I had followed Bruce's posts on the other forum but now I'm here with you lovely folks. I detect with Bruce often and he is a great guy with oodles of knowledge and a loaded detector that I call "The Vacuum" His posts are always entertaining and all the goodies he finds are amazing.

Keep posting Bruce..........

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the praise Mike.
        I do find a lot of cool stuff but it is more a matter of time spent rather than expertise.

Welcome Mike!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thank you greg....glad to be here

Comment

i wish like every one else- that i could find something to post. all i can find is garbage and pennys and most were lost yesterday. please keep posting your finds, i really like the bullets and assorted items.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem my friend. I have been convinced to keep posting all of my crappy finds.
        Working...
        X