Beep. Dig. Clean. Sort. And go again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beep. Dig. Clean. Sort. And go again.

This was the results of yesterdays outings.
    I was on the beach at 7:30 in the morning hoping for a couple of hours however once again the tide charts were wrong.
    And I only managed an hour before I was pushed off.
    Reduce, reuse, recycle is a motto in our household. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	260884 And one that I try to incorporate into my detecting.
    Sometimes things that I bring home never make it to the sorting table.
    My daughter's dog likes to see what I bring home. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	260885
    What did end up on the table got put into the different bins. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	260886 Except for the receiver buckle.
    It would have been a nice compliment to the snake buckle if it had been found on dry land and not in the saltchuck. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	260887 After tossing that stuff into the tumbler I hit that rocky area again.
    Reduce the amount of trash in the parks. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	260888 Especially crap like this. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	260889Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	260890 Sort out the trash.
    Clean what can be cleaned.
    And get ready for the next day. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	260891
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

That's quite the array there Bruce. Dividers, scissors, nail file. What was in the packages, drugs of some sort?

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a quote on Hydrophone.
      "Dilaudid (hydromorphone) is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.
      Dilaudid can slow or stop your breathing, especially when you start using this medicine or whenever your dose is changed. Never use Dilaudid in larger amounts, or for longer than prescribed. Do not crush, break, or open an extended-release pill. Swallow it whole to avoid exposure to a potentially fatal dose. Dilaudid may be habit-forming, even at regular doses."

Cool Buckle! Looked that stuff up on wiki, say's a pain medication but also how it appeared on the street. Sound's kind of like Oxycontin, good You got it out of there!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Oxycontin And Hydrophone are in the same opioid family of drugs.

Looks like u have a huge pile I would love to go threw with lol awesome !!!
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by G10+ View Post
      Looks like u have a huge pile I would love to go threw with lol awesome !!!
      I love finding different things Everett.
      The apostle spoon is kinda nice and it is my first one of this type. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170815_185905.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	261213
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Do you know a little about these spoons? I have never seen one.
        South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          From Wikipedia: An 'apostle spoon' is a spoon (usually silver, silver-plated, or pewter) with an image of one of the 12 apostles as the termination of the handle, bearing his distinctive emblem. The apostles were the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ who were sent away to 'preach to the gentiles' and spread His gospel (Matt 10:5).
          Apostle spoons were particularly popular in Pre-Reformation times when belief in the services of a patron saint was strong. They symbolize the Last Supper of Christ in the company of the Apostles. They were especially popular in England, but were also found in large numbers in Germany and France.
          Apostle spoons originated in early 15c. in Europe, and were intended for use at the table. By the 16c. they had become popular as baptismal presents for godchildren. They first appeared as a bequest in the will of one Amy Brent who, in 1516, bequeathed "XIII sylver spones of J' hu and the XII Apostells". They are alluded to by the dramatists Ben Johnson, Thomas Middleton, Francis Beaumont, and John Fletcher. Shakespeare refers to them in Henry VIII. In some communities this tradition continued until at least the mid 20c.
          Apostle spoons were sometimes produced in sets of thirteen, the thirteenth (the 'Saviour' or 'Master' spoon) showing Jesus. The British Museum in London has a set from England dating from 1536-7 with the Virgin Mary on the thirteenth spoon.

Thanks Bruce. That's a cool find
        South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          You are welcome Gary.

Did you just see in the news a metal detector Hunter found a rare 6thc Byzantine pendant?
        Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I did Deb.
          I also noticed the farcical comment by the coroner.
          That is ridiculous to assume that it was from a cemetery because of one find.
      Working...
      X