Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday was a bust, however, today was a blast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was a bust, however, today was a blast.

Yesterday's outing produced exactly $3.05 and a somewhat decent penny. Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	265669
    I did however learn of a new way to stay on the parks workers good sides.
    I overheard them complaining that they had found no needles while cleaning up an abandoned homeless camp.
    So of course I asked why the complaints.
    It turns out that they can get up to a $6 a day bonus for removing needles from the park. Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	265670
    They each got their bonus that day
    And I still came home with these. Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	832.5 KB ID:	265671
    Fast forward 24 hours and the today was looking like a repeat of yesterday.
    Then this happened. Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	265672
    Followed by a nice run of clad. Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	265673
    And a pair of queens on the way back to the car. Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	526.9 KB ID:	265674
    Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	204.9 KB ID:	265675
    Now for the topper for the day.
    When I get home there is a delivery notice in the mail box and this is waiting for me at the post office.
    This was the prize given by Coiltek for my Haida pipe story. Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	265676
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Tell us more about the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Lo View Post
      Tell us more about the prize.
      This coil has only been on the market for 4 months. The only Canadian supplier of Coiltek coils has not sold one yet so they do not have pricing on it that I can share.
      The best that I can do is share the price that I paid for the smaller 5 X 10 inch coil. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	69
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	265692PS Coiltek makes very high end after market coils for some of the major detectors.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

That's a good story. Love the coil. Now I can only imagine what you will pull out of the ground

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          It will be christened today Eric. I will let you know if it is a keeper. 👍

That's awesome!!!
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.

Congrats Bruce !!!!! That's a hunk of money ,,, and winning that is out of this world man
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I was floored when I received notice of the win.

Congrats and another entertaining post!

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Kurt

I'm glad you're having good luck all around, my friend. I tried three routes to get out on the beach today & flood tides have all 3 blocked with waters too deep to drive through. All thanks to Jose. Next will come Maria's. The numerous horseflies driven out of the marshes are HUGE. No hunting for me.
        Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          And I am sorry that you are not having any luck getting onto your beaches Deb.
          You need to change your tagline to Child of the low tides.
      Working...
      X