Some of my finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my finds

Most of these were found in the 90's when I was in Air National Guard and would go to Savannah for drills. They were I a nice old jar and I found again when I was looking for some bottles to carry to bottle show this weekend. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5432.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	268634
    South East Ga. Twin City

Here is a couple buttons that were surface finds and I picked them up because they were neat. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5436.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	268636
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Found a few bullets which were found downtown Savannah. They are some Revolutionary war and some Civil war. They are monster size and can't imagine being hit with one of those. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5437.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	268638
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice Minie balls there...those things were the AP round of the civil war. Man they could do some damage...I've seen some images of skeletal damage from civil war dead...I think if you got hit by one of those in the big toe it would just take your whole leg off.😳

• tomclark
        tomclark commented
        Editing a comment
        4 Williams cleaner .58??? Very cool finds there boom.

Here is some ceramic pieces, a couple tea set pieces and a small ceramic doll. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5433.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	268640
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Here is some nice uniform buttons, they have the old style eagle Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5438.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	268643
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Also some coins and tokens. Two of the coins look like they were used as good luck tokens and carried for ever because the coins are worn smooth.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Did not put photo in above post
            Attached Files
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Thanks for sharing your finds Johnny, you have a great variety of things.
              There is a huge following of civil war bullets down your way. And Jason is right about them, they inflicted incredible damage wherever they struck.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Here is a few more pieces that was in jar, I did not do as good a job as Bruce at cleaning finds. All together it was a fun time in the guard a place to stay free and good meals. when the day was finished I would go downtown with the bottle diggers and find this neat stuff what more could a person ask. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5434.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	268671
                South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• tomclark
                  tomclark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love that stuff!

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My expertise in cleaning comes after thousands upon thousands of items that needed cleaning.
                  there were a lot of failures along the way but I have gained some success also.

Hey Johnny, Thanks for sharing the pictures. Lots of interesting history there.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I love seeing old civil war and revolutionary war artifacts. Cool stuff to have
                  South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                  X