Colin likes company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin likes company.

I normally detect alone, mainly because the locations I am usually in are not suited to group hunting.
    However whenever I am in an area where multiple guys is not a problem why not invite someone to come and have some fun.
    On Saturday Colin texted me while I was out. Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked1_LI.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	271733
    Nothing really special was found by either of us that day.
    This was the best I could do.
    The 68 dime is non magnetic. Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	520.9 KB ID:	271726
    Sunday was a different story.
    When he texted me the frost was still on the rooftops and my reply was typical for a warmth loving old man like me. Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked3_LI.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	271734
    Not more than 10 minutes after the last text my boots were on and he calls all excited.
    "You won't believe this Bruce but I just got my first gold ring. And you are the first one I called."
    Congrats Colin Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.6 KB ID:	271728
    My take from that field was not as special as his.
    But who cars when you can share in a friends excitement. Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	271729
    The two day clad total was acceptable. Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.9 KB ID:	271730
    And the trash was light.[ Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	210.9 KB ID:	271731
    Last edited by 2ndoldman; 11-10-2017, 12:39 PM.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Nice outing, I don't like frost either
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have the best of circulation and when my fingers get to cold they refuse to work. šŸ˜–

Great post. Great friends. I will rarely go detecting alone....just more fun with someone. Some places are too small (or too RICH! LOLOL) to "share" at any given hunt. Small, city house lots are even hard to do with 2 people, somebody has to get more of the best "usual" goodie spots. You got a proverbial antenna crack pipe but so few pulltabs! Those 1/4oz, 7gram weights are neat?!?!?
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      If Iā€™m not mistaken, those are the new style wheel weights, sticky backed to go inside the rim...not inside where the air goes, I suck at explaining....

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I am almost always out detecting Tom and sometimes I will get 3 or more requests from different guys asking if they can join me.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰ I have only ever done two permission hunts around a house. Parks are better for me.

My main hunting is doing house lots that are going to be completely remodeled and landscaped, going to be torn down or torn down. Stuff can be anywhere but you know there are hot spots like walkways, parking spots, clotheslines etc. Problems are always JUNK and on some lots there are so many pop tops and bottle caps and trash you have to go over it several times with increasing discrimination.... I dig everything like you do. I'm glad cigarette butts and crack baggies don't sound off lolol. Some of our parks, not even "historic" are off limits......Our county parks are mostly off limits, city parks OK.
    Our home lots around here are mostly like 100' X 50', with the house taking up at least half of that property. Always check the water hose areas!!! I have found more gold rings near where the hose was/is and also at the curb or driveway where people park and get out... Let's go boom lol.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I never thought about the hosebib area Tom but it makes perfect sense. I can see a homeowner washing their hands after gardening and losing a ring or three.šŸ‘
      Boulevards are an often overlooked area, I will be making a post on boulevards shortly by the way.
      Is there a reason why so many of your parks are closed to detecting?
Working...
X