Vetran's week #3 Wrap up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetran's week #3 Wrap up.

On Saturday another boulevard drew my attention.
    This one was overridden with pennies.
    And after a while (62 of those buggers) the knees were killing me.
    So I decided to only dig the deeper quiet ones. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	271970Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	271971 I wish that I knew when when the club started.
    This picture is titled " Fish Catch At The Tyee Club, Port Alberni 194?" Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	271972Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	271973 After which a mad dash into the bush suited my purposes.
    Make the bladder gladder and let it get flatter is my motto.
    Coming out of the bush this just sang out as sweet as you please at almost 8 inches deep. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	271974 Why the heck does iron need to rust away? Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	271975 I ask because the nickel plating on mine is in far better condition that this one and look at what it fetched. https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...p-bicycle-bell Click image for larger version

Name:	7.PNG
Views:	56
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	271976Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	271977
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

This is a mystery item that popped up ar 5 inches.
    anyone have any ideas? Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	271982 The last keeper coin was another sailboat. Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	271979 On the way home I noticed a couple of diggers on the hill using shovels. A slight detour followed and a chat was in order with these guys.
    They both have now ordered the Model 31C raptor tool from Predator Tools and swear they will not use a shovel in our parks again. Sunday was my last chance to find something military but the best I could do was some 303 WWI practice rounds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	271980
    I had not taken notice of the weather report unfortunately and by the end of an hour and a half I was soaked to the skin.
    Every little bit helps by the end of the year so this poor showing is not all that bad.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	271981
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Bruce - that flower looking thingy in the beginning of your post reminds me of a concho that we use on leather, especially on saddles to reinforce where one layer of leather covers another. And sometimes, it's just plain decoration. They have a threaded post on the inside of the concho and a screw that fits through the parts to be joined and into the backside of the concho. Does that make sense.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        It makes a lot on sense and it is a very good possibility.
    Working...
    X