Confessions of a digaholic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions of a digaholic.

I must confess that it boggles my mind how some of you stay sane during the winter.
    Today is the third day in the last five days where I have not swung the coil.
    And I am one grumpy Gus. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	274139 On Sunday and Monday it was because my youngest daughter decided to visit her old man.
    However when Tuesday rolled around it was time to hit the dirt with a vengeance.
    The field I chose was muddy beyond belief with standing water everywhere.
    So I do hope you forgive the lack of pictures from the field.
    As per my norm it was beep and dig, beep and dig repeat repeat repeat for five hours of blissful detecting.
    The transportation costs were finally covered for the day. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	566.0 KB
ID:	274140 And lots of scrap was removed from the dirt. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	274141 I had thought that these were my treasures for the day. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	274142 The bracelet turned out to be plated.
    But the ring and earring are both silver.
    As well as the quarter. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	585.0 KB
ID:	274143 The real treasure for the day went unnoticed into the tumbler when I got home.
    Let me back up here for a moment.
    To gain access to this field you have to pass through a narrow opening in the chain link fence.
    In order to not blast our ears when entering and exiting the field we normally have the detectors off while going threw the gate.
    This time though I was lazy and just held the detector above my head.
    When I set it down on the other side there was an immediate hit.
    Figuring it was just another large piece of scrap metal, I popped it out and stuck it in the pouch.
    Once it came out of the tumbler I knew that it was the best find of the day.
    This was folded in half when it was found and yet it came out beautifully in the end.

They were made from aluminum, brass and copper. http://www.bnaps.org/ore/Rubec-CPSMo...V3-Aug2015.pdf
    This one is copper.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	274144 Yesterday, a return trip to the same field resulted in more gas money. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	274145 And three more silvers being put into the collection.
    The 62 & 64 came out of the same hole. [ Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	274146
    Today it seems like someone upstairs forgot to turn the tap off.
    And I am stuck here thinking of tomorrow.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Oh you found my favorite hoofed critter! Nice!! Isn't this just the start of your rainy season? You've got months of wet days ahead. Many of us here in the lower 48 are hoping for some rain. It's been a very dry fall. The guys who creek hunt are praying for rain.
    Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      If this keeps up Deb I will need to wear hip waders when I want to walk in a field.

Cool Buffalo!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Sorry to hear it Bruce
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Matt, I thought that your video was going to be this at first.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZYhVpdXbQ
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Whoa buddy I know how ya feel. I aint done "doodly squat" for hunting in months. It has been bugging the $&/t out of me. I am jonesing bad. I am digging the bison, no pun intended.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I would be bald by now if I was in your boots. 😣

But Bruce, things are looking up, not long ago the ground was dry and to hard, now it is soft enough to dig.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          It is a love hate relationship Johnny. I love digging in the dirt but I hate digging in mud.

I don't mind cool weather either. But when my fingers turn into popsicles because the gloves are soaked I begin to grumble.

Winter makes me take up some of my other hobbies more. It’s tough at times though.
        South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I grumble about the weather. It's to hot. It's to cold. It's to dry. It's to wet.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
          The truth is that this is the best place in Canada because I do get to enjoy my hobby all year round. 😊😊😊

Understand about the weather not corporating !!! It sticks !! But on the good side , sunshine is always ahead :-)
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the best way to look at everything in life Everett.
          I have always been a glass half full kinda guy.
          I just like to grumble a bit every now and then. 😊

Nice post and Pics! I'm trying to send you a PM but it states your inbox is full.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I will clear it out right now.
      Working...
      X