Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supplemental income and some nonsense finds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplemental income and some nonsense finds.

I can hardly believe that it has been almost two weeks since my last finds post.
    Clad, or more precisely speaking for us Canadians modern non silver coins, has been slow in coming this last 13 days. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	276967Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	276968Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	276969 And while not as profitable as coins are, the recyclables do add up by the end of the year. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	276970
    The spoon was a heart stopper at first.
    When I flipped the plug over the only thing showing was the silver bowl. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	276971 By the way does anyone know how to decipher this nonsense? Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	276972 Speaking of nonsense, what is a post without these.
    If you look closely at the pistol you will see that it is actually a penknife. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	276973
    The old pistol rounds were fun to find and so was the funny money.
    Both are play nickels. Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	276974
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

One American and one Canadian. Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	276976
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Find's anyway, You should try on The Emoji Button.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope that you don't mind but I will pass on wearing that pin.

Still am amazed at the drug paraphernalia u come up with Bruce !!! How would u like to step on that
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no way in hell that I would want to get poked by one of those Johnny.
        And I don't want anyone else to either.

Good work Bruce.

I like how the 1917 fared in comparison to some of the other pennies.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        That came from a different site Dave. The condition of it is lik4ely due to less fertilizer being used in that location.

The elongated penny is neat, it was hard to deciper the language on it until I realized it was upside down. Always interesting to see your post Bruce.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't realize that it was upside down until I had taken the picture Johnny. By the time I realized my mistake I figured what the hell and left it as is.

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        I have several of those type coins, seems like there is one of those machines at most parks and attractions. it is hard to resist them.

Hey Bruce...........those `hallmarks` on your spoon denote who, when and where it was made. The `E P` at the top probably means elctro plate and the first two (reading sideways) are probably the makers mark ` BB`. then it looks like a crab maybe ( i know they used zodiac signs and stuff for the year it was made) and the one after that i dunno...maybe a stylised key or fish perhaps? So then you have to find out if they are English or Canadian and/or French Hallmarks(given where you are). Hope i`m not telling something you already know and good luck with the research
      If You Know Your History You Can Predict The Future

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Never worry about telling me something that I already know Lucas. I did know that already my friend but it is the communication here that is important to me. There has been a lot of work in categorizing and cataloging makers marks for all sorts of items including silverware, Unfortunately the best database for silver plate is not complete. http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate__menu.html

• LucasBMylks
        LucasBMylks commented
        Editing a comment
        ha nice one Bruce. I did have a quick look on the ol internet but soon became a bit lost in all the strange symbols. Tis why i left it to you mate. I know the main ones for England just in passing like the leopard for london and the anchor for Birmingham but thats about it lol

• LucasBMylks
        LucasBMylks commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Post btw...thanks as always
    Working...
    X