Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's hoping all of you folks have a very Merry Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's hoping all of you folks have a very Merry Christmas.

I guess that age is starting to catch up with me.
    That or just being overweight because I have been nursing a bum knee this past week.
    There have been far to many deep knee bends chasing those remaining pennies this year. Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.4 KB ID:	278051
    My hunts this week were rather short and I only got out 4 times.
    But if you are after old stuff you have to deal with the pennies when you are working public parks.
    That and fertilizer. Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	334.4 KB ID:	278052 It is doubtful that the Straits Settlements coin will ever be dated.
    I can only find one date for this coin. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3363.html[ Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	278053 This was my best day keeper wise.
    The silver wire loop is marked 925. Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	278054 Iron backed buttons are often just tossed but these were still fun to find.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	300.9 KB ID:	278055
    Saturday was the most fun.
    Not because of the finds but because of a new friend.
    A fellow named Stuart contacted me via Facebook to say that he was coming up to Victoria from Oregon and could I show him around a bit.
    We will be getting together for another hunt later today.
    As I said the finds were not spectacular. Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	260.8 KB ID:	278056 Wimpy is my favorite from this hunt. Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.6 KB ID:	278057 Yesterday was difficult.
    After 3 1/2hours of freezing finders and dripping nostrils there was very little to show for the effort.
    A pile of trash. OH by the way do any of you recognize that white fluffy stuff?
    I have no idea what it is. Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	191.7 KB ID:	278058
    Last edited by 2ndoldman; 12-29-2017, 01:22 AM.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

A pocket knife that cleaned up better than I expected.
    Both the bell and the flashlight still work too. Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	278060 And one silver. Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	278061
    If your tree was not full of fantastic stuff get out there and find some.
    Happy hunting to all of you.
    Last edited by 2ndoldman; 12-29-2017, 01:21 AM.
    Bruce

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      my glasses

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!! Ha, I was going to say that's Wimpy. Nice Find's!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josh. Wimpy brings back lots of memories of sitting in front of the boob tube when I was younger.

Take care of those knees, Bruce! 😘
    Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I will Deb.

Heck yea !!!! That’s a haul for sure !! At least there is something to dig for :-):-)
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      There is always something to find Everett. Sadly it is not always treasure though. 🤢

Some nice finds Bruce, is the 1925 coin a 3 cent coin and what does the other side look like?
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a British 3 pence Johnny. I will add a picture of the other side later.

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bruce, I was looking it up as a coin from Canada, but I looked it up as a British coin and saw other side.

Very nice haul
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks teddy bear. 😎😎😎

Hi Bruce.You continue to do a super job of cleaning up your finds. I hope you find the "Mother Lode" next year. Or if not maybe a few Maple Leafs will do. I hope you've had a great Christmas.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Joe, a gold maple leaf would suit me just fine.

Originally posted by willjo View Post
    Some nice finds Bruce, is the 1925 coin a 3 cent coin and what does the other side look like?
    I know that you have looked it up Johnny but here it is anyways. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226_083851.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	278121
    Bruce

Comment

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      Back side is neatest side.
Working...
X