starting out for 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting out for 2018

well so far the only coins for 2018 has been 2 wheat pennies and a 1999 dime. but i did find a few things from the past that made me smile. the best was a total surprise, i was working a old hotel that was tore down in the late 40's but had small women's collage and a home site that was there before the hotel. i hit a penny signal that was over a foot wide i figured it was just another wash pan or something like that. i dug down about 6inches and hit, the soil is so moist i just reached down and hooked it with my fingers and pulled it up. holy crap i dug up a texaco gas pump plate sign from 1939 in near perfect condition, didnt see that coming.

Wow that's pretty nice, I watch some of those pickers shows on TV and I'll bet that sign is worth a bit, great find!

Comment

Agree with rockON. For it's age, that sign is pristine. I'd do some checking around but, unless ya want to keep it, you should be able to get a nice price for it.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Nice sign
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That is about the best looking dug porcelain sign that I have seen posted anywhere.
          Bravo
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Wow that is amazing. It's just like mine.
            I gifted mine to a close friend.
            It was part of a free standing sign that once stood outside of many a Texaco station back in the day.
            It swung within a green rectangle display. The Round center Texaco part was all that managed to salvage.
            I dug mine in an old pre WWII dumpsite.
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

Wow! That sign is in beautiful shape and could pay for a new detector if you choose to sell it. I once bought a 1930's era Sterling Oil sign at a garage sale for $5 and sold it on ebay for over $700.
              Winters in Arizona, summers in Michigan's UP. What could be better?

Comment

thats what i call i very good buy/resale. i dug a 1895 o dime about 20 years ago and sold it on ebay it sold for a lot more than i thought it would but i wished a 1000 times over that i still had it.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I consider all of my finds a retirement package. I will enjoy them for as long as I can and only sell when or if it is absolutely necessary.

The companies that created those signs had no idea their products would one day be considered a piece of Americana & command such prices.
                Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                X