Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day by day and pouch by pouch the hunt continues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day by day and pouch by pouch the hunt continues.

The weather here so far this year has been less than conducive to kneeling on the ground than ever in the last 6 years.
    I wake up in the morning and look out the window at this far to often. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	287646 Which leads to afternoons trying to find a dry spot to hunt. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	287647 And then when you least expect it you wake up to mornings like yesterday and call it a snow day. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	287648 With all of that I have still managed to get out on most days for short hunts.
    What follows is the sum of each day.
    Some items I will highlight and most I will not.
    Thank you in advance for looking. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	287649 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	287650 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	287651 The gold filled locket was kinda cool in that it was my third gold filled item this year. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	347.2 KB
ID:	287652 The are the other 2 gold filled items were both rings. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	287653
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

There are a couple of sweet finds here. Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	287655 The first one I would have passed on by if it were not for the small religious pendant.
    Otherwise the plastic T B Vets tag would not have been found. http://www.tbvets.org/about-2/about-tbvets/ Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	287656 Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	287657
    This fountain pen is the other good find.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	287658
    It was in the side of one of the holes that a 303 shell casing came from.
    Not only is it complete but it is the first time I have found a gold fountain pen tip.

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	287660 Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	287659
    The only thing special here is that these 2 came out of the same hole.

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	287661 Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	287662
    Bruce

Comment

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	641.5 KB
ID:	287664 Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	505.2 KB
ID:	287665 Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	287666 Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	287667 I am only highlighting these because the first picture was fuzzy.

Name:	21.jpg
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	287668
      This was just before the snow started falling.

Name:	22.jpg
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	287669
      And not only did I manage dinner and a snack along with the gas money.
      But this little puppy also showed up.

Name:	23.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	287670
      After taking yesterday off the itch got the better of me today.
      Gas was covered.

Name:	24.jpg
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	287671
      Bruce

Comment

And a cool picture was taken.
        I call this arrested development.

Name:	25.jpg
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	287673
        Some of you may have noticed that mid way through this post I started to show everything that came home with me.
        I hope that you all enjoyed.
        Bruce

Comment

that looks like a lot of knee bending, but worth every dig. what did the gold ring with the black stone sound like, something like a lead bullet ?

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            As a matter of fact it was a cross between a lead bullet and a pull tab sound. The only reason I dug it was because it was deeper than the normal trash sounds. This one was about 6 inches deep.

Sure nice to get the gold!
          South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Gold is an accidental find for me because I am expecting/hoping for something else when I find it. I was hoping for a military shoulder flash when I was digging this target.

Maybe you could give those rings to your women’s hockey team to make them feel better! 🙂😋🏒🥈
          South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            YAH YAH YAH 😊 bite me. Your team finally wins after 4 previous losses and suddenly your team is the cats meow. 😉😉😉

• Scorpion68
            Scorpion68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Now Now Bruce, Don't take it personal. But I thought it was funny as hell.

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Well Chuck, I guess that I could scrape up a few SILVER rings for my team.😀

Wow Bruce. Some pretty old coins some gold, token drug paraphernalia...lipstick still looks usable and the potted chicken looks like its still sealed, a nice pair of aviator glasses...all ya need is someone to leave a bomber jacket laying around...lol...just what is that image on the medal to the right of the British Columbia tag?
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Love these post and the time u put into these !!!! It’s like we r there with u Bruce ,,, thank u for taking the time to make these hunts come to life
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Everett. I wish that I could have taken more time to flesh out a proper story in regards to everything in this post.
              There was just far to much to go into full detail on everything. I am glad that you enjoyed the post though.

I'm surprised you've been able to get out and about with all the nasty weather you've been having, along with us. I haven't seen a fountain pen since I was a kid and to see one that you found underground with a pristine tip is just amazing. As usual you've got some unusual stuff there Bruce and I always like going through the coins you unearth. Never know what you'll find. Thanks for sharing it with us and as the weather improves, I'd expect to see more posts.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• rock ON.
              rock ON. commented
              Editing a comment
              I would love to get some time with my detector and hopefully find some interesting things worth posting, unfortunately my off time is in the winter and the ground is frozen or snow covered from mid Nov. to Apr. here on normal years. However it seems like, and I hope! we might be getting an early spring this year and might get some chances before work picks up in April. But in the meanwhile I get to enjoy the hobby through your posts
              Last edited by rock ON.; 02-26-2018, 08:59 PM.

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'da stepped forward Bruce but I'da been up to my patooie in mud.........

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Chuck, mud is my middle name right now. I can deal with the mud however rock ON seems to be living on the frozen tundra. That I definitely can't handle.

Originally posted by BabaORiley View Post
            Wow Bruce. Some pretty old coins some gold, token drug paraphernalia...lipstick still looks usable and the potted chicken looks like its still sealed, a nice pair of aviator glasses...all ya need is someone to leave a bomber jacket laying around...lol...just what is that image on the medal to the right of the British Columbia tag?
            Saint Christopher has long been the patron saint of travelers. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpRNbjWbAM.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	287729 This one has an antique car on the reverse side. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpMgAXjaAM.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	287730
            Bruce

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              My best buddy gave me his personal Saint Christopher medal when I started deploying in submarines. I guess it did it's job cause I'm still here...

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Your buddy cared for your wellbeing. 👍

That's a nice fountain pen. They were so elegant to write with. The ink cartridges were introduced around the time I was in high school. How many times did s cartridge run dry in the middle of a test & no spare. 🙄
            Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              I have personally never used a fountain pen so all I can say is that would suck.

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              For a laugh and to show my age, when I started school, our desks all had ink wells. And each ink well had a small jar of black ink that you could dip the ink pen in to write with. They had just done away with the dip'n write and us young'n were using only pencils. And NO I didn't have my own little slate board that I carried to and from school!!!

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              I am the baby in this conversation at only 64.
              I was not allowed to use a pen in school until around about grade 4 or 5 if my feeble memory serves correctly. I can also remember my absolute joy at being finally allowed to use a slide rule in math class.

Well you have one now! Only way to know if it works is clean it up, buy a bottle of lovely ink & write away!
            Child of the tides

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              I may just try that.

Always enjoy your post, was looking at the little license plate with magnifying glass to see details, move to next slide and there it was in full detail. look at everything even junk almost like hunting yourself. Wonderful job Bruce.
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on Johnny. You get the pleasure of looking and I get the sore knees. 😎😎😎

I cannot imagine what your fingers feel like .
            must have a pair of special gloves .
            lucky on the gold ring A for Adam

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              Most days they are fine Tamara. Sometimes though popsicle sticks is an apt description.
          Working...
          X