More Historic Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Historic Metal

This forum has really slowed down so here's a pic.

Image not found

Wow thanks for that post. I did not know this about Pike! When I was a kid I was ole Zebulon in a play when I was in about third grade!  I had one line still remember it 45 years later. I pointed up yonder and exclaimed " Theres a mountain no man will ever climb!" I wonder what ole Zeb would say if he saw the road to the top now?
    That is one fine piece of history you showed!
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Very Nice, you do have a great collection. I have found a few flints and parts, but no locks or guns.
      Thank you for the pic
      Chase
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Very nice find. Wonder hwere the rest of it went, maybe this was a spare part.
        Jack

Comment

That is a really neat piece. Thanks for sharing. Ray
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

You must have jumped out of your shoes when you found that! Amazing!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

With the flint still intact! Cool.

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Wow thanks for that post. I did not know this about Pike! When I was a kid I was ole Zebulon in a play when I was in about third grade!  I had one line still remember it 45 years later. I pointed up yonder and exclaimed " Theres a mountain no man will ever climb!" I wonder what ole Zeb would say if he saw the road to the top now?
                That is one fine piece of history you showed!
                  Thanks for the comment Hoss, that's pretty neat concerning your acting experience and being a third-grader Zebulon, lol.
                11KBP
                chase wrote:

Very Nice, you do have a great collection. I have found a few flints and parts, but no locks or guns.
                Chase
                  Thanks for your comments Chase, Jack, Ray, gregszybala, and turkeytail.
                11KBP

Comment

Do you metal detect or were these errant surface finds?  Most impressive.

Comment

Neanderthal wrote:

Do you metal detect or were these errant surface finds?  Most impressive.
                      Thanks Neanderthal, they are all detector finds.
                    11KBP

Comment

Excellent display, I think that says it quite well !
                      Butch

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Excellent display, I think that says it quite well !
                        Butch
                          Thanks for the comment Butch.
                        11KBP

Comment

Great display, I like that a lot. 
                          Many years ago I used to find metal points and tinkling cones all over, but just on a few sites.  They were so commonplace that I just gave them away, thinking I could always find more.  Now I'm kicking myself in the arse for that, they are depleted at those sites and I don't have hardly any left.

Comment

Very nice display 11KBP.
                            Matt I used to hunt a site that had a kettle set deep into a creek. I was about 6 or 7 and we would dig near by. The thing is gone now. I would be willing to bet the Native American set that in there. There were two sites overlooking a lake the dividing line was a small stream that bisected the area. In the stream was a Iron Kettle. there was a well worn trail coming down from each knoll to the stream right at the kettle.
                            Your comments about the old sites really takes me back and I can see this real clear in my minds eye!
                            Thanks for the post and the comments
                            Hoss
                            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks for the show, 11KBP. This is an artifact class  I seldom see and appreciate you sharing. Ray
                              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Working...
                              X