Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3716.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	294571 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3727.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	294570 I have hunted my old house site twice since the last post. For those that don't know I've discovered an early 1900 house site on my family property. These are my latest finds. It's has been really fun and a great learning experience finding and researching who these people were and what they lost and left behind. To be honest the paper trail has been my favorite part researching old deeds. My favorite find is definitely the Taylor-Cannady Buggy Co. logo. It is off of an 1900's horse drawn buggy. Strangest object found was my family dog's tag from 1990 at house site 100 feet past invisible fence line just weird to me. The 1954 rabies tag has nothing to do with the site to late. My second axe here! Fourth plow part. Biggest horse shoe I've ever found. It's been very enjoyable just wanted to show everyone. Wish I could find a good link and better picture of buggy?
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

The 12 ga shotgun shells were datable! New club REM UMC 1911 to maybe 1921.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3708.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	294587

Comment

You have been having fun.
          I like how they advertise the popularity of the buggy by saying that there are "hundreds " of them in use.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Sugaree
            Sugaree commented
            Editing a comment
            It wasa long way from Oxford NC to Charlotte NC by horse in the 1900's. I think I'm going to know the answer of how many nails it takes to build a 1900's house. Might have found the Outhouse another cluster of nails been told to dig there for bottles. Everywhere I dig I find broken glass artifacts. Thanks Friend not sure how to clean buggy trademark guess I need a tumbler?

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            Try soaking it in vinegar for about one week then give it a light scrubbing with an SOS pad or steel wool.

Good to see you got out for some swinging.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Love the horseshoe. Probably came off a big ole draft horse.
            Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
              Sugaree commented
              Editing a comment
              Way bigger then any of the other shoes I've found there. Thanks Deb!
          Working...
          X