Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a quick little catch up post from yesterdays mud larking trip on the Gorge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick little catch up post from yesterdays mud larking trip on the Gorge.

As per the norm my pouch was full.
    And that beer will be enjoyed tonight. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	294963 When I get home the pouch is dumped and the contents are hosed off. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	294964 The junk and normal recyclables get a quick tumble. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	294965 Now if I am lucky that day the interesting items are put aside for tender treatment. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	294966 Take those two crusty coins as an example.
    A quick rinse showed me that one was copper and one was going to be silver due to the colour difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	294967
    I will never know what the copper was because it totally disintegrated.
    There was not one scrap of solid metal left inside of that clump.
    And the other one was the most impossibly thin and almost unrecognizable Vickie little nickel I have ever seen. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	294968 How thin?
    Well this is that coin with another Vickie little nickel (which by the way is that same size as you half dimes) for comparison. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	294969 I have kept the best for last.
    This is the coolest looking dog tag that I have found in a long time.
    1941 Saanich Dog Tax Paid and the remains of the collar. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	294970
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
    As per the norm my pouch was full.
    And that beer will be enjoyed tonight. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	294963 When I get home the pouch is dumped and the contents are hosed off. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	294964 The junk and normal recyclables get a quick tumble. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	294965 Now if I am lucky that day the interesting items are put aside for tender treatment. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	294966 Take those two crusty coins as an example.
    A quick rinse showed me that one was copper and one was going to be silver due to the colour difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	294967
    I will never know what the copper was because it totally disintegrated.
    There was not one scrap of solid metal left inside of that clump.
    And the other one was the most impossibly thin and almost unrecognizable Vickie little nickel I have ever seen. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	294968 How thin?
    Well this is that coin with another Vickie little nickel (which by the way is that same size as you half dimes) for comparison. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	294969 I have kept the best for last.
    This is the coolest looking dog tag that I have found in a long time.
    1941 Saanich Dog Tax Paid and the remains of the collar. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	294970
    I was looking all over the place for a 1941 date on dog tag, du then I seen it.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      It probably took me just as long to see the date myself Johnny.
      Actually it took a lot longer. I had a feeling that it was a dog tag when I found it. It took about 6hrs after returning home before I realized the date.

Drink It Good Haul.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I will never pass on a free drink. 👍👍👍

Good clean up boss .

Comment

Wow a 1941 dog tag. That's an old one there...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I have older ones but it is one of the best designed ones I have found.

• BabaORiley
        BabaORiley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that is a pretty unique design also...

nice haul, what is the artifact at the top to the right under the broke bottle neck and cap. its round with holes and what looks like a 6 on it. that beer makes me think about the one i found in a creek. i was 3 miles from my truck no water to drink and heres this beer floating in the water. it was around a 100 degree heat and i drank it. ten minutes later i was so thirsty i almost drank creek water. the only reason i didn't was there was a dead goat floating right up from were i found the beer.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I like a cold beer every now and then but you can't beat cold water for a thirst quenching drink. As long as there is nothing dead in the water that is. 😨
        The item you pointed out is a burner cover, most likely from a small heater of some sort.
    Working...
    X