Not a swinger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a swinger

Nope I was not swinging a detector today but I did go out to a field I noticed had been recently plowed up. I found a small flake of flint and a fossil laden rock and this insitu. Click image for larger version

Name:	nickle.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	295565
    Then cleaned up below. LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	nickle1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	295566
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

That Field is probably loaded!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Josh, I hope it is! You never know what your going to find . The adjacent field has an old barn. I am going to ask if I can go in there with my metal detector . There are homes near here that are late 1800's
      Last edited by Hoss; 04-11-2018, 07:57 PM.

Don't you dare start finding goodies like that with a detector Matt.
    I hate competition.
    I like the smug look on Jefferson's face.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Aaaaahhhhh - Da smell of competition - Da smell of de feet ACHPHOOT!!! Never thought of hunting a barn with a metal detector but Matt, you just might be onto something. Bruce - don't over react here - Matt's got a long way to go before he catches up to you. That is, unless he finds something really stupendous : - )
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Glad you found some ground to investigate Matt, signs are good I'd say. Good knappable chert isn't just lying around everywhere in that area, it got placed there by human interference no doubt. Now some rain and your set!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

As dusty as that field looks and you still found something looks promising! Bring on the rain and good luck. I did swing for a day last weekend no coins found, but went point hunting that evening and found a nickel just like yours in middle of field?
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Way cool Matt...get outta that house dude...ya know Jefferson was all about discovery...I'm just saying...the coin is a sign. You also had to love that feel of the sun, the search and the find...good to see ya out Hoss!!!
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
            X