Last weeks finds not much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last weeks finds not much

I went out before the snow and went to a camp site. Not much there but did find a few ticklers an awl two metal points (home made) and a gun part with one little heart breaker.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

chase wrote:

I went out before the snow and went to a camp site. Not much there but did find a few ticklers an awl two metal points (home made) and a gun part with one little heart breaker. 
      Nice finds Chase.
    I suppose the onset of winter might slow down your detecting adventures until the spring of 2012. 
    Are the tinklers you find made of thin sheet iron? I found some at the Summit Springs battle site in eastern Colorado and they were all iron.
    11KBP

Comment

Most of all of them are made of rolled iron, but I have found them out of brass and silver as well. I posted this frame a few months back that has some tinklers in it as well as some rings braclets and some parts of a Spanish bridal. This was found in a weekend with a lot of other items as well. (new camp)

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

Most of all of them are made of rolled iron, but I have found them out of brass and silver as well. I posted this frame a few months back that has some tinklers in it as well as some rings braclets and some parts of a Spanish bridal. This was found in a weekend with a lot of other items as well. (new camp)
          Yes, I would say that particular weekend was very good, lol. That is one bunch of tinklers plus the other nice finds.
        Most of the tinklers I find in Nebraska are rolled brass and I have never found a cone-shaped tinkler made of silver. For that matter I've never seen one ...definitely a rare find!
        11KBP

Comment

Not much??? Come on Milan, you're making us jealous!  I like those tinklers, they look pretty good around the frame like that.  That's not a bad day of hiking at all, a damn good way to end the point season.

Comment

I have to walk a long way for twelve artifacts. I have a detector and will be using it someday. For now I am just sitting healing up from a fall down some stairs last June. Maybe next spring I will be able to walk a field again.
            Hoping and praying I can do it.
            In the mean time Thank you all for everything you share here!
            Hoss
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That's some cool stuff you found. Plan on getting a metal detector soon I hope. I know I missed out on some good hunting spots over the years I had access to. Now most of the spots have been sold and houses on them now.

Comment

Hoss dont worry you will be up I am sure! I broke my leg in 3 places in 2004. A big rock at a jeddy point rolled over it while I was fishing  :S . It took me 6 months to walk again and the doc said I would probally have a limp. But to this day I have no limp and can almost run. I do believe if I was looking in the woods and a bear came I would be able to run  :laugh: . But I still have a bar in my leg from the knee cap to the ankle and am going to leave it cause I have fallen twice since then and it has saved my leg from breaking. GET WELL SOON !

Comment

Hoss wrote:

I have to walk a long way for twelve artifacts. I have a detector and will be using it someday. For now I am just sitting healing up from a fall down some stairs last June. Maybe next spring I will be able to walk a field again.
                  Hoss
                  What'cha do Hoss ? Trip over Chuck's cat ?

Comment

[QUOTE]Butch Wilson wrote:

Originally posted by Hoss post=29805
                    Hoss
                    What'cha do Hoss ? Trip over Chuck's cat ?
                      LOL that is too funny Butch thanks for the laugh. I can't stop cracking up over that one
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                    X