Hole in the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in the wall

As a kid I was taken to a broken down old house of logs. The rancher drove by it and said this the hole in the wall where Butch and Sundance held up. The ranchers name was Bill Forester. He had a big hand in my dad and I artifact hunting. Yesterday day I met up with my dad and my cousin and I took them to a new place I call the hole in the wall. It has one way in and one-way out. The first two miles is a bed of bolders that even with a ATV you bottom out. You traverse the side of a mountain desending to a valley. You have a mountain and a road cut into it. One side is rock of 10 percent grade or better going to the top the other side is a raven that as the same grade about 300 feet down. As driving down the Boulders move shifting to either side which grab a hold a say certain words. Once down you hit a somewhat of a flat spot with a four wheel drive road and go to the site I found 10 years ago. My intention was to get to a spring that was another 6 miles down. We started driving at 7Am and arrived at 10 Am for the hunt. We did not find the main camp but I think I know where it's at. My cousin was on a roll by finding a Henry casing not shown. We were crossing paths as we hunted. The last time before we got back I said I was going to cut straight across the was he said he was going to cut back on the wash and hunt higher. All of it is being in the right place and for him he was all day. With a cottonwood leaf triangle to start and a metal point we were chased out by thunder and lighting. We got back to the higher site and stopped for a quick hunt which he found another metal point. Right before we got caught in a flash flood. Which we left for fear of getting stuck from washes filling up with water. The next thing was going through the Boulder field of rocks that were now slick and the bouncing around was more as we slipped off the rocks. The whole time time my dad is talking about Bill and stories around the camp fire he told about life in the hills as he called it and the stories of his grandparents of how life was like and his own. An avid hunter and was a great mentor. He will be with for life as well as my dad. My dad and I did not find anything but we beamed from ear to ear with the trip. Just one more story to be told around a campfire. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180722_183516.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	309872
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Chase there is nothing better to me then to go out on an adventure trip I like to call them . And better yet with a family member to brand those wonderful memories in your mind . I love the part about the big smiles from the trip . Nothing like a big storm to add some excitement and thrills to the trip .. always danger on the horizon can yield some pretty darn good chapters .
    Love your story and finds . Some great finds and memories .
    Metal points ? Don’t know anything about those except from reading .

Comment

I can imagine being there with ya’s! Sounds like an action packed adventure my friend , I love them metal points, those are just too cool!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

SOunds like an exciting day Chase thanks for sharing
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well done my friend. Thanks for sharing an exciting day.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Chase, I can see that boulder field right now, having clamored over one on the side of M mountain above the town if Golden, CO. I had never seen anything like it. One false move and... Oops!
            Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
            X