got me some new metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got me some new metal

well i'm 6 weeks out of surgery, had a total knee replacement. now i got a metal arm and a metal knee joint. if you have never had a knee replacement please take very good care of the ones you were born with because this is one heck of a thing to deal with. one thing for sure if i need to test my pin pointer in the field all i have to do is get it close to me and it starts singing.

That is a tough ordeal I am sure. I hope you begin feeling better.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Wow some family members had it done and it'll come along ok. Takes time...hang in there
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Hey Toc - My wife had both her knees replaced and I know she had major issues with the rehab. I remember they had her up and on her leg the very first day after surgery. Hope all's well with you. How are you doing with the rehab? Hang in there because it does get better. Wishing you all the best.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• toccopola
          toccopola commented
          Editing a comment
          they had me up the next day, i had a late surgery. the doc told me it would be hard because of all the trauma i had in the past. i started the rehab right off but couldn't do much. it took me a couple weeks to get to 95, a couple weeks later i made it to 120 with help, but in the last week i can't do much more than 90. i will be off for another 6 to 8 weeks till i get back to sort of normal. i sure been missing the rock hunting and swinging. now deer season is fixing to be wide open and i got to get my freezer filled, dang good thing my son still lives at home. bad as one knee is i can't imagine dealing with both, women seem to deal with pain a lot better than men.

Well that is not the metal I was hoping to see posted here.I am glad that you are one the mend and your sense of humor is still intact.

I myself have been dealing with bad knees all summer, however mine should not require replacement.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• toccopola
          toccopola commented
          Editing a comment
          i'm feeling a little better now but them first 3 weeks i wasn't laughing. i got to get back to the metal detecting here for long. it seems i lost my favorite pocket knife in some grass behind my house.

I remember a old TV show, I think was the 6 million dollar man with Lee Majors. He was married to Farrah Fauctt at the time . A show about the future..Now, I’m bionic ... I feel your pain but it will go away... Thank GOD almighty that the science has extended our lives...!
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
        X